The number includes the one person in Whatcom County - a man in his 60s - who died from COVID-19 on Thursday, March 19.
Kristen Livengood, the Monroe spokeswoman, said in the email that the state health department would release more information on Friday.
"The number of people that get the coronavirus isn't going to be almost as important as the number of people who get better after getting the coronavirus", Beshear said.
Researchers found digestive symptoms, including diarrhea, to be the primary complaint by almost half the people in the hospital for COVID-19, according to the study published this week in The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
The individual was a 64-year-old male from Jefferson County.
St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson and County Executive Sam Page on Saturday announced the county and city will implement stay-at-home orders starting Monday in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
No other county has reached 30 confirmed cases. He says the small business administration has approved disaster loan funds.
Beshear then asked churches to ring their bells at 10 am Eastern time on Sunday.
Beshear said unemployment applications are up 30 times compared to this time previous year, which he said is a good thing because there should be no stigma in receiving public assistance.
"We'd love for you to ring the bells".
"It's one of those ever-evolving situations, and we are trying to make sure we have all of our 'i's dotted and 't's crossed", Fletcher said.
If you have any questions, call the state COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-722-5725.
- Nirbhaya case: Four convicts hanged after long-delayed quest for justice
- After Coronavirus Briefings, Sens. Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler Dumped Stocks
- Prime Minister tells pubs, clubs, restaurants and leisure centres to shut
- Two members of US Congress test positive for coronavirus
- Sen. Loeffler Denies Insider Trading, 2020 Opponent Rep. Collins ‘Sickened’
- Italy Bans Movement Inside Country as Another 651 People Die
- COVID-19 brings Windsor auto plants to a halt
- Non-Essential Travel Limited Between US and Mexico
- Country legend Kenny Rogers dies at 81
- Prime Minister delays Federal Budget due to COVID-19 crisis