"Or you could be getting it. Stay in your home", Adams stated.
USA surgeon Jerome Adams issued a stern warning about the escalating coronavirus crisis on Monday, saying, "I want America to understand - this week is going to be bad".
"We really need to come together as a nation", Adams said as he called for Americans to heed the guidance of health officials telling them to stay indoors as much as they can.
"Everyone needs to act as if they have the virus right now", Adams said.
For most people, the coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough.
NY state accounts for nearly half of the country's cases.
Adams warned that there are not enough people taking it seriously.
Trump also said that he has directed the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to supply four large federal medical stations with 1,000 beds for NY, eight large federal medical stations with 2,000 beds for California and three large federal medical stations and four small federal medical stations with 1,000 beds for the State of Washington.
"Anything that can provide relief to the frontline troops, do it", the SC senator said. Ohio, Louisiana and CT join them Monday.
"So, a step maybe in the right direction", de Blasio said, while mentioning that exceptional measures still need to be taken to address the economic impact of the virus. Some encourage being outside and active - as long as it isn't done in groups. "Go for it auto execs, let's see how good you are?"
"We're competing against each other", said Priztker, whose state reported six deaths. I'm trying to buy masks.
Pence says the government hopes to have the backlog of existing tests - a milestone the White House hoped to reach on Monday - cleared by the middle of the week.
When Asked about growing pressure for President Donald Trump to initiate the Defense Production Act - which would force companies to mass-produce critical supplies where possible - Adams suggested that the U.S. is not at that point.
The 1950 law gives the president the ability to force factories to produce key equipment and allocate resources where they are needed.
This is the second time Title 32 has been used under the Trump presidency.
- Google launches coronavirus website
- Coronavirus: New York warns of major shortages in 10 days
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Not all Canadians overseas will be able to return home, says Trudeau
- Sen. Loeffler Denies Insider Trading, 2020 Opponent Rep. Collins ‘Sickened’
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Coronavirus updates: Global death toll tops 13000
- Italy Bans Movement Inside Country as Another 651 People Die
- International Olympic Committee expected to make decision on Tokyo 2020 Olympics within four weeks
- Australian Team 'Could Not be Assembled' for Tokyo Olympics