"It is with deep sorrow that we inform you of the passing away of Chef Floyd Cardoz (59 years), Co-Founder, Hunger Inc".
Media reports state that Chef Floyd Cardoz had shared in an Instagram post the news of his hospitalization. Floyd is survived by his wife and business partner, Barkha and two sons, Peter and Justin. Hospitality Group, who confirmed the news to People magazine, Cardoz passed away Wednesday at Mountainside Medical Centre in New Jersey - he was 59-years-old.
Cardoz was crowned the victor of Top Chef Masters Season 3, which aired in 2011.
In New York, Cardoz was also executive chef at North End Grill and opened Paowalla, which became Bombay Bread Bar.
Cardoz posted on Instagram last week that he was feeling feverish and had admitted himself to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
The Twitter account for "Top Chef" offered condolences and called Cardoz an "inspiration to chefs around the world".
Cardoz grew up in Bandra and attended culinary school in Mumbai. His passion for food and cooking brought him to this level after he made a decision to study at a culinary school in India and in Switzerland. In 1998, he opened an influential fusion restaurant in Manhattan called Tabla with restaurateur Danny Meyer - the first in a string of innovative dining spots in both NY and Mumbai. It was, however, the Indian fusion restaurant Tabla, which he opened in NYC in 1998, that established him as a true culinary star in a city that is known to be especially tough on restaurants.
Chef Floyd Cardoz, shot in New York City in 2016. "Rest in peace Floyd.we will carry on your handsome legacy".
Cardoz competed in Bravo's third season of "Top Chef Masters" in 2011, where he ultimately came in first place.
For the most up to date information on the developing coronavirus break out, adhere to along below According to specialists, individuals over 60 as well as those that are immunocompromised remain to be one of the most in danger.
- Tokyo Olympics Will Be Postponed Because Of Coronavirus Concerns
- $2 Trillion package to rescue economy during COVID-19 pandemic
- Lewis Hamilton self-isolating but showing no coronavirus symptoms
- New approach to COVID-19 testing in Alberta
- 'STRONGEST POSSIBLE MESSAGE': State of emergency declared in Toronto
- 21-day India lockdown: What is allowed and what is not
- Coronavirus: New York warns of major shortages in 10 days
- Trump Call to 'Protect Asian Americans' Criticized
- Coronavirus impact: PM Modi announces 21-day lockdown across India
- Australian Team 'Could Not be Assembled' for Tokyo Olympics