This brings the province's total to 358.
Of those cases, 18 are in the hospital and seven of which have been admitted to the intensive care unit.
Dr. Hinshaw did say that leaving town to go on a hike or otherwise was not a good idea, as to avoid potentially spreading the virus to other parts of the province. Essential visitors to long-term and seniors care facilities will be restricted to one family member, friend, or paid companion.
Two more residents from the same continuing care facility have tested positive for the novel coronavirus and are in stable condition.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Follow our COVID-19 special section for the latest news on the coronavirus pandemic, as well as resources, FAQs and more.
Schindler said these U of C medical students are playing a vital role in contacting Albertans who have come in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
"It is a helpful option addressing the needs of people in self-isolation who can't access face-to-face services, as well as those in remote locations", the foundation said.
"Provinces, territories and the federal government will be using the tools they have to ensure that people comply".
Hinshaw stated that some of those physicians worked early in the week of March 15-21, before being told that people who were at the bonspiel had tested positive.
The province also put in place new rules for people who are sick and self-isolating, asking them to stay at home "until you are feeling well and at least 10 days have passed from the start of symptoms".
"Our new approach reflects the fact that the most important thing anyone can do if they have mild symptoms isn't to get tested - it's to stay home and self-isolate."Healthcare workers with respiratory symptoms will also be tested starting later this week.
As of 4:30 p.m., there were 2,792 COVID-19 cases in Canada and 26 deaths.
Testing will be prioritized for the following individuals, if they are symptomatic: People who are hospitalized with respiratory illness.
- Arizona man dies, wife hospitalized after taking chemicals to protect from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New York warns of major shortages in 10 days
- Facebook and Disney Reduce Video Quality Across Europe
- Coronavirus: WHO Launches Health Alert Via WhatsApp
- Olympic Committee board member calls for postponement of Tokyo games
- Ontario government defines essential services
- Google launches coronavirus website
- Echo is the next character heading to Overwatch
- Schumer: Deal is getting very close
- Not all Canadians overseas will be able to return home, says Trudeau