Earlier this month, he was traveling in India to film an episode of the Netflix program "Ugly Delicious" with actor Aziz Ansari - a journey that he joyfully began chronicling on his Instagram account. He then flew to Frankfurt, Germany, and finally to New York City during the first week of March. In an Instagram post on March 18, he said that had admitted himself to hospital in New Jersey, where he lived, since he was feeling feverish. It was clear that Cardoz took pride, rightfully, in what he had built in the country and the city of his birth in addition to his legacy in New York City. We met several times at events and parties organised by The Bombay Canteen but our conversations were short and courteous.
But another important ingredient in his success, I believe, was humility. We will miss you in more ways than you can ever imagine. "Thoughts are with Floyd's family, rest peacefully my friend".
The chef was the author of two cookbooks: "One Spice, Two Spice: American Food, Indian Flavors" (2006) and "Floyd Cardoz: Flavorwalla: Big Flavor. Rest in peace Floyd.we will carry on your attractive legacy". He had an impish smile, an innate need to make those around him happy, and a delicious touch. The culinary director had landed in India on February 19 before returning back to the States on March 8.
While there's no doubt Cardoz's absence will be keenly felt in both NY and India's restaurant universe, his legacy is secure in the hands of the next generation he nurtured with such generosity and kindness. He was the owner of two popular Mumbai-based restaurant, the Bombay Canteen and O Pedro.
He was the victor of season 3 of 'Top Chef Masters'.
"Love you so much @floydcardoz", Meyer tweeted, calling him a "beautiful human being".
Cardoz also competed on "Top Chef Masters", a tournament-style spin-off of the Bravo cooking competition, and won, defeating some of the world's best chefs. "He was thoughtful, kind and his smile illuminated a room", a spokesperson said.
- Tokyo Olympics Will Be Postponed Because Of Coronavirus Concerns
- $2 Trillion package to rescue economy during COVID-19 pandemic
- 21-day India lockdown: What is allowed and what is not
- New approach to COVID-19 testing in Alberta
- Coronavirus impact: PM Modi announces 21-day lockdown across India
- Schumer: Deal is getting very close
- Australian Team 'Could Not be Assembled' for Tokyo Olympics
- Trump Backs Use of Chloroquine For Coronavirus
- Tokyo soars 8% as US stimulus deal lifts world markets
- Meghan Markle will narrate new Disney+ film, 'Elephant'