A coronavirus "super-spreader" who refused to self-isolate prompted the quarantine of about tens of thousands, officials said.
Up to 20 villages in Punjab have been forced into isolation after Baldev Singh got back from the Mediterranean country and died of the deadly bug.
The man died shortly after the festival, and was posthumously diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.
A week after his death, 19 of his relatives have tested positive. Officials are now trying to locate all the people that the three men came contact with. We have sealed 15 villages around the area he stayed'. Another five adjoining villages were later put on lockdown as well.
The United States on Friday announced Dollars 174 million financial assistance to 64 countries including Dollars 2.9 million to India to help them fight the coronavirus pandemic. Bark India Ratings said the information given to it. Modi corona virus in the wake of Tuesday's 21-day nationwide lockdown announced, saying that was against it in the decisive battle social gathering from the distance India for is the only way.
In Bhilwara, a textile city in the northern state of Rajasthan, there are fears that a group of doctors who were infected by a patient could have spread the disease to hundreds of people.
The potential mass migration may undermine attempts by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government to prevent the localized spread of the coronavirus, with some workers even attempting to make the journey on foot, due to widespread closures of public transport.
Agarwal said this during the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare briefing on COVID-19 situation in the country.
After his speech, Modi urged Indians to avoid the panic-buying which many Western countries have witnessed, as a government order confirmed stores would remain open.
Mr. Aggrawal said, the ongoing 21-day lockdown has resulted in some behavioural, mental health issues and the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences has launched a toll-free number - 080- 46110007 - for consultation.
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- 55 arrested in SA on day 1 of lockdown
- India cuts rates, unleashes $72b of liquidity to counter impact of virus
- Wuhan Shrimp Seller Identified as Coronavirus 'Patient Zero'
- 919 new Covid-19 fatalities in Italy over 24-hour period
- Meghan to begin new life by narrating Disney elephant film
- Fauci says U.S. needs to be prepared for coronavirus to be cyclical
- Coronavirus: US now global epicentre with confirmed cases
- Social distancing slowing coronavirus, says NY governor
- Coronavirus in Italy: the heavy price paid by clergy