Tropical storm conditions will be possible in those areas on Monday, forecasters said. It's way too early to get too detailed on all the storm chances Thursday night through Monday specifically when the best chance for rain will be, severe weather chances, etc.... but it will not be a washout. The storm will deliver 1 to 3 inches of rain and strong winds to the North Carolina coast on Monday before weakening and drifting out to sea. Most storms occur during the June 1 through November 30 Hurricane Season.
At 5 a.m. Sunday, the center of Arthur was located about 380 miles south-southwest of Cape Hatteras, moving north-northeast at 9 mph.
Officials issued a tropical storm warning for North Carolina's Outer Banks, which was hit almost two years ago by Hurricane Florence.
Still, beachgoers are being warned to stay out of the water as the main concern is the storm causing unsafe currents which could be a threat to life. As of Saturday evening, Tropical Depression One had sustained winds of 35 miles per hour with higher gusts.
WIND: Tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area on Monday.
It is then expected to strengthen as it moves northeastwards, and if all goes well should change into a non-tropical low-pressure system by Tuesday.
Swells generated by Arthur are affecting parts of the southeast USA coast and are expected to spread northward along the US mid-Atlantic coast during the next day or two.
Forecasts projected Arthur would stay well offshore of Georgia and SC overnight before approaching the North Carolina coast, where 1 to 3 inches of rain is expected through Monday. Additionally, tropical and subtropical Atlantic sea surface temperatures are now warmer than normal and are consequently also considered a factor favouring an active Atlantic hurricane season this year.
Tropical Storm Arthur now makes six consecutive years where an Atlantic tropical cyclone has developed before June.
- Epic Games Store: The Witcher 3, more games rumored to be free
- Europe sees two deaths, multiple cases of COVID-linked syndrome in children
- Democratic lawmakers probe into Trump's firing of State Department watchdog
- Moderna Covid-19 vaccine generates immune response, early data show
- France reports first death from rare disease linked to coronavirus
- Tropical cyclone could develop this weekend before hurricane season officially begins
- Huawei says ‘pernicious’ United States chip restrictions threaten global economy
- Trump Extends U.S Sanctions On Huawei For Another Year
- Cuomo: We're Opening Beaches for Memorial Day
- India surpasses China in coronavirus cases