Russia's Emergencies Ministry members wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) spray disinfectant while sanitizing the platforms of the Kievsky Railway Station amid the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Moscow, Russia May 18, 2020.
There were 115 new coronavirus fatalities since the last update on Monday, bringing Russia's total to 2,837. Across the globe, health officials report more than 4.9 million cases of COVID-19 and more than 323,650 deaths.
The daily growth rate in new cases has dropped from 3.2% to a record low of 2.9%.
India is now seeing more than 4,000 new cases day and contending with major spikes in infection since it eased its lockdown.
Russia's total caseload rose by 8,764 on Wednesday from the previous day to 308,705, a rise of about three per cent.
In Russia, President Vladimir Putin has declared that a partial economic shutdown imposed in late March helped slow the outbreak and prevent the nation's health care system from being overwhelmed.
Russian Federation has adamantly denied Western media reports that have accused the country of having under-reported its death toll.
The death toll stands at 320,613. Only the United States has reported more coronavirus cases.
South Africa has the highest number of cases at 16,433 and 286 deaths.
Deputy Prime Minister Tatiana Golikova over the weekend denied manipulation of numbers, saying hospitals had a financial interest in identifying infections because they are allocated more money to treat coronavirus patients.
More than 4.9 million cases have been reported worldwide and almost 1.7 million people have recovered till date, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- China pledges $2bn to cause as World Health Organization backs inquiry into its actions
- Uber has now cut 25% of its staff during coronavirus pandemic
- IPhone 12 Display Specs Leaked by Analyst
- Mass Evacuations Ordered in Michigan After Edenville Dam Bursts
- Coronavirus: Premier League confirm six positive tests
- Utah man claims he made Michael Jordan pizza night before ‘flu game’
- Trump 'gets to hire and fire under the constitution' -McConnell
- 50 days left to get absentee ballot for July 14 runoff
- Should I Worry About... children and coronavirus?
- Artemis Accords: NASA Unveils Rules for Conduct on Moon and in Space