The planned return of the Premier League on June 17 has been welcomed by United Kingdom government minister Oliver Dowden.
All matches will take place behind closed doors but will be available for supporters to watch on television.
"It is important to ensure as many people as possible can watch the matches at home".
Discussions continue on plans to resume the season when "conditions allow", it added.
Top-flight clubs are gathering again following their unanimous vote on being able to "engage in tackling while minimising any unnecessary close contact" in training.
"Of these, four have tested positive from three clubs". The FA Cup final is now slated for August 8, according to ESPN's James Olley.
It's not yet clear whether next season will have to be played without spectators as well.
Father of Aston Villa manager Dean Smith dies after contracting coronavirus
City's last game before football stopped was their loss to local rivals Manchester United.
The English Premier League announced its intentions to resume its 2020 season on June 17, while cautioning that the ultimate decision to come back will reside on the league meeting safety requirements.
The games were not played before the break in football as they were originally scheduled to be played on the weekend of February 29th, but they had to be rearranged due to the involvement of Villa and City in the Carabao Cup final.
After the opening two matches there will be another game on Friday 19th June, kicking off the first full round of fixtures across the whole weekend.
The Reds were followed by Manchester City with 57 points in 28 matches.
The goal is to complete the 90 remaining games by August 1.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News.
- Biden Calls Trump 'Absolute Fool' for Not Wearing Face Mask
- Premier Doug Ford expected to provide update on COVID-19 testing
- Ontario Ministry of Health reports 287 more cases of COVID-19
- Hong Kong leader says security law not a threat to freedoms
- SpaceX's Falcon 9 readies for space mission
- Samsung Galaxy A31 India Launch Set for June 4, Price Leaked
- Trump jeers Biden for wearing a face mask
- Tom Brady earns extra charity money with birdie during The Match
- NJ reports 19 children have inflammatory syndrome linked to COVID-19
- WHO Suspends Hydroxychloroquine Trials Testing Its Use Against Covid-19