Images were released of the two playing basketball during some downtime, clearly not abiding to the social distancing measures. As tennis professionals we love the sport; we are passionate about it.
US Open chiefs announced earlier this week that the Grand Slam, re-arranged due to the coronavirus crisis, would take place, starting on August 31, but only the men's and women's singles and doubles would be included on the schedule.
"I feel like the USTA is going to do a really good job of ensuring everything is fantastic and everything is ideal", she said.
"I would like to congratulate the US Open on their hard work and vision in getting to this point and for putting player safety at the centre of their plans", Kvitova said via e-mail. Rafael Nadal echoed Djokovic's misgivings, saying tennis shouldn't resume until it was "completely safe".
Nadal, last year's United States champ, has expressed more reasonable reservations about the safety of NY, one of the world's hardest-hit cities, even though the Big Apple has worked hard to reverse our April peak.
"It's the right decision for tennis", Dowse said. The game has never seen two competitors quite as hungry for accolades and trophies as the pair, who now top the ATP rankings as the No.1 and No.2, respectively.
"This sets a really risky example around the world that we are second-rate citizens", three-time Paralympic Games gold medallist Alcott told The Today Show on Australian broadcaster Channel 9 this morning.
However, the conditions surrounding the tournaments will be very different from what has been going on in the Balkans, where players have nearly appeared keen to cock a snoop at Covid-19 concerns.
By all accounts, Nadal's 2019 season was praiseworthy and included many more accolades, including Davis Cup and a season-ending World No.1 finish. Novak has won 2 titles in 2020 at the Australian Open and in Dubai.
Dimitrov's diagnosis means that Djokovic and other participants, including world No. 3 Dominic Thiem and world No. 7 Alex Zverev could seek tests for the virus in the coming days. After three months under a shelter-in-place order, trapped in stuffy apartments, New Yorkers do not sympathize with the Serb.
- Defectors prepare packages to send to N Korea despite tensions
- Juneteenth: Usher, Lupita Nyong'o argue for national holiday
- Cream of Wheat to review use of chef mascot on packaging
- Six Trump campaign staffers test positive for coronavirus ahead of Tulsa rally
- UK ditches COVID-19 app model, to use Google-Apple system
- Apple Rejects Facebook Gaming App on iOS App Store
- Premier League players take a knee at kick-off
- Apex Legends Is Getting Cross-Play Across All Platforms This Fall
- British Police Arrest Libyan Man after Knife Attack in Reading
- Champions League to finish up with knockout tournament in Portugal