Jamal Adams has consistently been one of the best safeties in the entire National Football League although it hasn't proven to be enough for the New York Jets.
Timing is on the Jets' side, having already exercised Adams' fifth-year option, putting him under team control for the next two seasons before his contract runs out. "Do you look at Jamal Adams and look at Marquise Blair and say "Blair will never get there"?" Adams is a dynamic player, an exceptional pass rusher from the safety spot, but he will be making a scheme change. Now, it is being reported that he has completely requested a trade and wants out of NY.
The Jets are in no rush to address Adams' contract because they hold rights to the safety through next season and could also potentially use the franchise tag on him in 2022.
Through social media, Adams has made his frustration at the team's slow pace in addressing his situation well known.
This came shortly after Adams commented on an Instagram post, saying he feels "maybe it's time to move on" from NY. Adams said in the post.
Six days ago, Adams - again on Instagram - accused the Jets of "a lot of talk, no action". The teams are the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks and Houston Texans. Like Adams, Garrett is a first-rounder from the 2017 draft class who is expecting a massive raise two years before his contract ends. Despite being only a safety, Adams is among the best at what he does in the whole NFL.
He's now looking to be paid as such.
The irony is Adams sent a tweet earlier this offseason begging Tom Brady to leave the AFC East, clearing a path for the Jets to compete. Losing Adams doesn't just help Miami in head to head matchups, it softens the Jets for the entire length of a season and makes them less of a threat to Miami in the standings.
- Google Meet video conference service coming soon to Gmail for Android, iOS
- Cream of Wheat to review use of chef mascot on packaging
- Atlanta Police Hold Sick-Out to Protest Officer’s Murder Charge
- Momentum builds for making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Ahmaud Arbery's mom met with President Trump
- Bolton Fires Back at Trump Effort to Block Memoir's Publication
- Apex Legends Is Getting Cross-Play Across All Platforms This Fall
- Biden to spend US$15m campaign advertisement on racial unrest
- Pakistani cities to witness ring of fire solar eclipse on June 21
- Ronaldo is lacking 'sharpness', says Sarri after Juventus lose Coppa Italia final