Asked whether more talks were planned with the 24-year-old, Guardiola replied "no, no".
Pep Guardiola had the luxury of making wholesale changes, with only goalkeeper Ederson, David Silva and Riyad Mahrez remaining in the line-up from the thumping win over Arsenal, while Sergio Aguero was among the alterations. "The club have offered him two or three times and he rejected so he's going to play for another club", Goal.com quoted Guardiola as saying ahead of the clash against Burnley.
"We respect him. He is a nice guy, a special player and I love him so much".
"Leroy has rejected to extend his contract", Guardiola told reporters on Friday.
Manchester City May Not Sign New Players This Summer
"It's so important for us to have him. When the Premier League or UEFA says play away for health and security we are going to follow the instructions".
Left-back Benjamin Mendy might be the City player who best replicates Sane's threat, in terms of being a left-footed player who attacks directly down the outside of a defence, albeit from deeper positions.
Leroy Sane, who has turned down two contract offers from City and could leave in the offseason, entered as a 79th-minute substitute for his first appearance of an injury-hit season.
"He has a special quality that is hard to find". I have nothing against him but he decided he wants another adventure for his career.
While Leroy Sane is seeking a move elsewhere after turning down a new contract, the German winger is available to play again having not featured for City since last August because of cruciate ligament damage.
As the English Premier League returned to action last week, every team had donned the words "Black Lives Matter" on the back of their jerseys in the place of player names.
- First gameplay trailer released for Star Wars Squadrons
- Premier League players take a knee at kick-off
- Florida reports almost 4,000 new coronavirus cases, a record single-day increase
- Ronaldo is lacking 'sharpness', says Sarri after Juventus lose Coppa Italia final
- UK ditches COVID-19 app model, to use Google-Apple system
- Google Chrome extensions spyware campaign targets 32 million users
- IOS Tipped to Be Renamed to iPhoneOS Ahead of WWDC 2020
- Trump Ads With Nazi Symbol Are Taken Down by Facebook
- Jamal Adams seeking $20 million-plus per year?
- Momentum builds for making Juneteenth a federal holiday