With wildly different attendance numbers being reported by the Tulsa Fire Department - 6,200 - and the Trump campaign - 12,000 - for Saturday's rally, Mayor G.T. Bynum said Monday that the true number is likely somewhere in the middle.
As heard in the audio used in Cooper's video, the Trump campaign expected hundreds of thousands of supporters to show up for the rally at BOK Center in Tulsa, originally scheduled for Juneteenth but changed to June 20th after Trump's campaign was accused of selecting the date as a racist dog whistle.
"We've done a good job and now we're bringing the country back", Trump said.
The Butler family camped outside the arena on Friday morning.
The event in Tulsa, Oklahoma was marred by empty seats, coronavirus infections within the campaign and a rambling speech by Trump that was criticised for having nothing of substance to say on the pandemic or racial tensions gripping America.
Trump has shown a love of big crowds, frequently boasting about the size of his rallies compared with those of Joe Biden, his Democratic rival for November's presidential election.
Two More Staffers Working on Trump's Tulsa Rally Test Positive for Coronavirus
"I was relieved to learn that Oklahomans care more about their health than a rally for someone they were going to vote for anyway", Andrews said Monday. He's the worst, single-handedly responsible for the deaths of over 120,000 Americans because of his lack of response to COVID-19, and now, to watch him just dejectedly walk in front of reporters and cameras after a failed rally just gives me a sick sense of glee.
New York Times Magazine journalist C.J. Chivers also asserted that Trump had been "fooled", revealing that two of his children registered for a pair of tickets each.
In most of the polls in the battleground states, Trump trails behind Joe Biden.
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- United Kingdom stabbing declared "terrorist incident"
- World Health Organization reports record daily increase in coronavirus cases
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Apple’s WWDC Goes Virtual for the First Time Ever
- IOS Tipped to Be Renamed to iPhoneOS Ahead of WWDC 2020
- Dimitrov tests positive for COVID-19 after playing in exhibition tour
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Google Chrome extensions spyware campaign targets 32 million users