Despite the Red Devils leading 2-0 at the break, the scoreline flattered Sheffield United.
They had marked their opening match since the coronavirus lockdown with a 1-1 draw away to Spurs in the Premier League last Friday but de Gea was heavily criticised by former United skipper Roy Keane for letting Steven Bergwijn's shot slip in off his hands. Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes and Other Players to Watch Out.
Although Solskjaer is "happy" with how his side are progressing, he has conceded that further investment in top talent may be necessary for United to close the gap on English football's current pace-setters Liverpool and Manchester City.
Solskjaer has no doubt Henderson has the potential to claim a first-team spot at Old Trafford in future but has no reason to doubt De Gea for now.
"Dean has had a fantastic couple of years at Sheffield United", Solskjaer said.
The Scotland worldwide wrapped up that 2-0 win and is set to be involved when they step out on home turf in front of empty stands for the first time.
Defenders: Victor Lindelof limped off against Tottenham and was replaced by Eric Bailey.
The 27-year-old midfielder should replace Brazilian global Fred in the center of the park to make his first league start since September last year.
MF Paul Pogba, 7 - Making his first start since September, he delivered one lovely dinked pass over the top for Rashford and played his part in Martial's third. Rashford did well to miss the target having been played in by Martial following a flowing counter-attack before the England global again fluffed his lines after some delightful build-up play that included a Fernandes back-heel and chipped Pogba through-ball. If Pogba does start, Fred has to sit out.
Forwards: Daniel James is set to keep his place. He's played with and against men, played in the Championship and plays now behind a team that play exciting football. Marcus Rashford will be on the left while Anthony Martial will play as the central striker.
- Boris Johnson briefs on easing coronavirus restrictions in England
- World Health Organization reports record daily increase in coronavirus cases
- BMW and Apple announce auto keys on iPhones
- Apple’s WWDC Goes Virtual for the First Time Ever
- Manchester City May Not Sign New Players This Summer
- Trump asks what the '19' in COVID-19 stands for
- Google Chrome extensions spyware campaign targets 32 million users
- China admits its commanding officer killed in Galwan clash
- Federal Bureau of Investigation declares no threat, no crime in alleged noose incident
- After being declared COVID-19 positive, Mohammad Hafeez tests negative