According to Hetero, 100 mg of Kovifor will be available for Rs 5,400.
Remdesivir has competition as a treatment for COVID-19 - a United Kingdom clinical trial has shown the cheap steroid dexamethasone can reduce mortality and recovery times in patients hospitalised with the disease. At present, this medicine is available only through hospitals and the government, not at medical stores.
Gilead Sciences is trading at $74.70 per share at the time of publication.
Cipla is yet to announce the pricing of Cipremi.
The drug now is being manufactured at the company's formulation facility in Hyderabad.
As it stands, the US-based biotech company said that it will be able to provide more than two million courses of its antiviral drug, which will be branded under the name Veklury, by the end of 2020 - representing a two-fold increase on its previous supply target.
The medicine has been issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) tag by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to treat COVID-19 patients.
After the authorization, Gilead had entered a non-exclusive licensing agreement with one Pakistani and four Indian firms for the manufacturing and distribution of Remdesivir to 127 countries.
It is noted that the data on ramdevpir was evaluated in a very short time with the help of the approach used by EMA during emergency situations in public health to assess the data as it is received.
This includes a risk management plan for use of the drug, including patient consent documents, post-marketing surveillance and a phase IV trial in the country.
According to the EMA, COVID-19 patients who are in need of supplementary oxygen should be given remdesivir for no more than nine days.
The South Asian nation on Monday recorded 14,821 new cases and 445 deaths in the last 24 hours as the death toll has touched 13,700, continuing upward trend of daily count.
Among the states to receive the first consignment are Maharashtra and Delhi, two of the worst-affected regions in India.
- United Kingdom stabbing declared "terrorist incident"
- Boris Johnson briefs on easing coronavirus restrictions in England
- Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu report highest active COVID-19 cases
- NASCAR drivers, crews demonstrate extraordinary show of support for racer Bubba Wallace
- After being declared COVID-19 positive, Mohammad Hafeez tests negative
- Trump Says 'I Don't Kid' About Demanding Slow Down In Coronavirus Testing
- Elizabeth Hurley 'saddened beyond belief' about Steve Bing's death
- ND election director confident in state's mail-in ballots
- Schumer calls for investigation into Berman firing
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer "Delighted" With Scott McTominay Contract Extension