With Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech arriving in the summer, as well as potentially Kai Havertz, there will be a renewed belief at Stamford Bridge that Chelsea can mount a serious title challenge.
With seven games left to play this season, Liverpool became league champions for the first time since 1990.
Christian Pulisic's opening goal for Chelsea against Manchester City pushed Liverpool to the brink of securing the Premier League title, with the former Jurgen Klopp protege jokingly being deemed a double-agent for his former manager in the process.
Kenny Dalglish, who was the last manager to lead the Anfield club to title glory 30 years ago, was effusive in his praise of the current incumbent: "Jürgen has been fantastic and he epitomizes everything that Liverpool Football Club stands for", the Liverpool legend told BT Sport: "He appreciates and respects everybody that works at the club, they've all got a position".
"It's a big three points for us, but we're in a battle here."
"We went into the game with a really confident mindset to go out and win".
One result against City and a good performance is a great feeling tonight, but the reason we haven't amassed enough points is because of consistency, which those two teams have reached. "I took it off that day and never got it back". We can be better on the ball. "And maybe we didn't get that moment, especially the key moments in the first part of the season".
"We had to work a lot off the ball, as you do with Pep Guardiola teams and Manchester City.
I felt it when I was there, the dream of winning the Premier League, especially for a club of such iconic status", Rodgers said.
The video shows the group of players including Virgil van Dijk and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain wildly celebrating.
Steven Gerard who scored 186 goals and 131 assists in 710 games, had a Champions League title and a UEFA Cup title but Premier League success eluded him during his 17-year spell at the club. When he got in the team he was going really well and then got a really tough injury. "He is a young player with so much talent and will get better and better".
- Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu report highest active COVID-19 cases
- Federal Bureau of Investigation declares no threat, no crime in alleged noose incident
- EXPLAINER: Who is affected by Trump’s suspension of foreign work visas?
- IPhone 12's Most Surprising Feature Could Be "iPhone OS"
- Trump Says 'I Don't Kid' About Demanding Slow Down In Coronavirus Testing
- Trump asks what the '19' in COVID-19 stands for
- United Kingdom downgrades COVID-19 alert level, reopens businesses Tuesday
- Solskjaer congratulates Liverpool on Premier League title
- How major USA stock indexes fared Wednesday
- How to download iOS 14 on your iPhone right now