NASCAR has finished its investigation and says it still doesn't know who tied a noose that was discovered this past weekend in the garage stall used by African American stock vehicle driver Bubba Wallace at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama.
For his part, Wallace - the lone Black driver on NASCAR's top circuit - hasn't blinked in the face of all of the adversity thrown his way this week. even tweeting Thursday evening, "Still standing proud".
Prior to the rain-delayed GEICO 500 on Monday, NASCAR Cup Series' last race at Talladega was October 14, 2019.
Aubrey Huff is clearly not a fan of Colin Kaepernick, but he just recently added Bubba Wallace to his list after the noose investigation turned out to be a misunderstanding. But he said, in hindsight, he should've used the word "alleged" when describing the "heinous act". The pull rope had been hanging in that garage as early as last October, and nobody knew Wallace would be assigned that spot until the week of the Geico 500.
NASCAR heads this weekend to Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania and will increase security around Wallace, who has received death threats and been accused of perpetrating a hoax. The investigation is over, officials said. We have launched an immediate investigation, and will do everything we can to identify the person (s) responsible and eliminate them from the.
Phelps said NASCAR's initial reaction to protect Wallace when they saw the photo. We are living in a highly charged and emotional time. The U.S. Attorney's office and FBI then informed NASCAR their investigation had conclusively found it was not a hate crime, which was announced Tuesday evening. "We don't know that".
Wallace has been criticized for being outspoken about the discovery of the noose and what it meant to him. NASCAR will also require members of the industry to complete sensitivity and unconscious bias training.
"Bubba Wallace and the 43 team had nothing to do with this", Phelps reiterated.
Phelps reiterated once more that Wallace and his team had nothing to do with the incident. More specifically Thursday, Phelps said NASCAR "conducted a thorough sweep of all the garage areas across the tracks that we race".
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- NVIDIA : Mercedes-Benz, Nvidia to Build Computing Architecture for Automated Driving
- Trump visa restrictions won't affect students, could impact prospective workers
- Gilead Sciences : Remdesivir Becomes First Covid-19 Treatment Recommended for EU Authorization
- Two people dead after southern, central Mexico hit by big quake
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer "Delighted" With Scott McTominay Contract Extension
- Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu report highest active COVID-19 cases
- Saharan dust arrives in the ArkLaTex Friday
- Bill de Blasio plans Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower
- Australia-New Zealand bid awarded hosting duties for 2023 Women's World Cup