"You are always disappointed when you don't win, but I think we are honest enough to say Liverpool were better this year".
With 61 points from their opening 21 matches, Liverpool set the record for most points accumulated by that stage in any top five European league, and extended the record to 79 points from 27 matches before losing 3-0 to Watford.
The team gathered at a hotel on Thursday evening to watch events unfold at Stamford Bridge as Manchester City were beaten by Chelsea, which confirmed the Reds' status as champions. They are going to be there, and it's clear to us that's a gap we want to try and breach and move towards. It was tough, but the work ethic the lads put in throughout the game, the focus, how risky we were - we had the better chances - we deserved to win.
Pulisic ended up in the Premier League at Chelsea, but he helped deliver Liverpool its first title since 1990 and the first since the formation of the Premier League in 1992, scoring a spectacular first goal in Chelsea's 2-1 win over Manchester City that clinched the Reds' championship.
Yet last season's treble winners, who also won a third successive Carabao Cup in March, can still finish the campaign with another clutch of trophies.
Newcastle United, playing their first FA Cup quarter-final since 2006, then face holders Manchester City at St James' Park. What Manchester City showed us is a team that has been building up and working together for years and has so much confidence on the ball. "We are still second, so that means after Liverpool we are the second best team".
"I think we have still got big chances in the FA Cup and Champions League". "We had to work a lot off the ball, as you do against Pep Guardiola's Man City".
After Kevin De Bruyne equalized for City with a long-range free kick into the top corner, the visitors needed another goal for a victory that would have prolonged the title race for another week.
Willian sent goalkeeper Ederson Moraes the wrong way from the penalty spot and the party could get started in earnest for Liverpool, more than 11,000 days after the Reds won their last English league title 30 years ago. "I just wanted to say thank you".
- Federal Bureau of Investigation declares no threat, no crime in alleged noose incident
- 20m people may have been infected with COVID-19 in US — CDC
- NVIDIA : Mercedes-Benz, Nvidia to Build Computing Architecture for Automated Driving
- Police reform a focus of U.S. presidential campaign
- Two people dead after southern, central Mexico hit by big quake
- Trump Says 'I Don't Kid' About Demanding Slow Down In Coronavirus Testing
- European Union travel recommendations may impede Americans and Russians
- NYC to paint 'Black Lives Matter' mural in front of Trump Tower
- Apple turns the iPhone into the key for your vehicle
- Apple's newest iPhone feature aims to replace the vehicle key