Players would be living, practicing and playing at the Disney resort to minimize the risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus. But on a conference call Friday, he was realistic.
The Milwaukee Bucks, who owned the best record in the league when play was shut down on March 11 after Jazz big man Rudy Gobert tested positive for coronavirus, highlight a six-game slate on July 31 taking on the Boston Celtics.
Tests were carried out on 302 players.
On Tuesday, teams were required to begin testing players participating in voluntary workouts in their home markets every other day.
"But then we would continue". This is far from an ideal way to finish our season, and it will require tremendous sacrifices from all those involved. "So we would not delay the continuation of the playoffs". The league has elected not to share the information, although individual players are free to if they so desire.
On the call, Silver also said a "significant spread" of COVID-19 within the league's campus environment "may lead to us stopping" the season, according to ESPN's Malika Andrews. And it hasn't been precisely designed.
Orange County, Florida, where much of Disney World is located, reported 1,062 new cases Friday.
The NBA playoffs will begin August 17 (Aug. 18 in the Philippines), and the NBA Finals are set to begin September 30 (Oct. 1 in the Phlippines) with a possible Game 7 on October 13 (Oct. 14 in the Philippines).
"We can't sit on the sidelines indefinitely", Silver added, according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.
"My ultimate conclusion is that we can't outrun the virus, and that this is what we're gonna be living with for the foreseeable future - which is why we designed the campus the way we did", Silver said. "But the signal we are sending is this is definitely not business as usual".
Which venues will be used for NBA Disney Bubble restart?
- Australia-New Zealand bid awarded hosting duties for 2023 Women's World Cup
- NVIDIA : Mercedes-Benz, Nvidia to Build Computing Architecture for Automated Driving
- China Slaps Down Canada’s Justin Trudeau: Stop ‘Irresponsible Remarks’ on Spy Case
- Trump visa restrictions won't affect students, could impact prospective workers
- NYC to paint 'Black Lives Matter' mural in front of Trump Tower
- Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu report highest active COVID-19 cases
- Lampard: Chelsea need more to be title challengers
- Police reform a focus of U.S. presidential campaign
- U.S. states reimpose virus measures
- Saharan dust arrives in the ArkLaTex Friday