A few showers and storms overnight. Large hail, isolated tornadoes, localized flooding, and strong winds are all the main threats from storms at this point.
The latest round of summer storms brought over 100 reports of severe weather on Thursday in three general clusters around the country. A few storms during Saturday afternoon may be severe.
A line of severe storms is developing and will move through SE Wisconsin this evening. We'll continue to carve out more sunshine Saturday.
PUEBLO: Low: 57; High: 91.
The main threat is strong winds over 60 miles per hour and some large hail. "Should this complex of storms dive farther southeast and leave lingering clouds in its wake during Saturday morning, the area at risk for severe thunderstorms later in the day would likely set up farther to the south and east than now forecast", Duff continued.
WOODLAND PARK: Low: 49; High: 79. Some storms could be strong to severe. What rain does fall could easily have lots of lighting and hail. Clouds gradually increase around noon, and we hit our highs in the mid 80s, right before the showers move in. We do have the chance of strong to severe thunderstorms Friday evening across most of lower MI.
PLAINS: Low: 60; High: 90s. MLive will go live on Facebook if the severe storms become numerous.
While it is a drier start to the day today, that is not going to be the chase this afternoon. High temperatures in the upper 80s to near 90. That's the third of six risk levels used by the prediction center to advise the public to be aware of potentially severe thunderstorms.
- 20m people may have been infected with COVID-19 in US — CDC
- Maker of Ben&Jerry's, Dove pulling US Facebook, Twitter ads
- Coronavirus task force briefs - but not at White House
- US House approves bill to make DC 51st state
- How major USA stock indexes fared Wednesday
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Saharan dust arrives in the ArkLaTex Friday
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Delhi struggles to cope with Covid-19 surge
- How the LFC squad celebrated winning the Premier League