Formula 1 have added two more races to the developing 2020 calendar - including a debut for Italy's Mugello circuit to mark Ferrari's 1,000th race.
The race at the Cathedral of Speed usually provides one of the most vibrant atmospheres of the year, with Lewis Hamilton traditionally afforded a hostile welcome by the Ferrari-supporting faithful. F1's opening races are being held without spectators until further notice. Drivers wear face masks when talking to the media by video link.
"It would definitely suck if we didn't get to qualify", Hamilton said.
Mugello will be the fourth Italian circuit to host a championship grand prix, after Monza, Imola and the Pescara road course.
Races in the Americas - Texas, Mexico and Brazil - look doubtful due to the spread of the new coronavirus but Bahrain, with a possible two races, and Abu Dhabi are set to complete the season in November.
F1's owners Liberty Media remain hopeful of staging at least 15 grands prix this year, and possibly as many as 18.
Lewis Hamilton made a disappointing start to the season
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain speaks during a news conference at the Red Bull Ring racetrack in Spielberg, Austria, Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Hamilton wasn't amused by the prospect of a washed out qualifying session. Amid nine early finishes and three safety cars deployed on the track, Charles Leclerc managed to climb back up to third place.
Despite the short turnaround from last weekend's race, Ferrari still managed to hit its revised target of bringing updates to Austria, running a new front wing and floor on Charles Leclerc's vehicle as it sets off on a new development route.
Hamilton said he was undecided if he would continue to take a knee before the start of races, but stressed the greater importance of continuing the conversation over racial injustice beyond the ongoing moment.
"We've been getting a bit creative and trying some different things compared to last week's running here, some of the changes worked and some didn't, so it's a bit of a mixed day", Albon said.
Verstappen was also asked for an explanation, but said: "I explained it on Twitter and Instagram".
- Brazilian President tested for coronavirus after showing symptoms
- WHO Reviewing Report On Airborne Transmission of Coronavirus
- Samsung to sell smartphones without chargers in the box
- World Health Organisation "cannot rule out" airborne transmission of coronavirus
- Depp says ex-wife's abuse accounts were a hoax
- England vs West Indies, 1st Test match
- China's Sinovac starts late stage trials for its COVID-19 vaccine
- 5 big new Microsoft Teams features and announcements - Collaboration
- Supreme Court says government debt collectors can't robocall your cell anymore
- 'Together' Mode Comes to Microsoft Teams to Show Users Side by Side