The company accentuated the charm of the unveiling event by incorporating AR technology where you just had to sign up to watch the entire launch event. The 6.44-inch, 2,400 x 1,080 pixel AMOLED display has an impressive refresh rate of 90 Hz and very little in the way of bezels (there's a fingerprint sensor hidden underneath the screen). The phone runs Android 10 and accompanies two years of significant OS updates and three years of security updates; albeit, as different OnePlus phones, they won't be monthly.
For back cameras you get a similar main 48MP sensor as the OnePlus 8, in addition to a 8MP wide-angle lens, 2MP macro lens, and 5MP depth sensor.
At the same time, OnePlus has integrated a dual front camera into the Nord: a regular 32-megapixel module for self-portraits and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. Lastly, OnePlus has included a 4115 mAh battery and it supports 30W fast charging. By the way, at the end of the broadcast, OnePlus offered to unpack the Nord in augmented reality using the same application. The device has made its global debut in India, which also happens to be the first market where the device will go on sale. If you purchase the phone early next month, you will likely receive a notification asking you to install the OxygenOS 10.5.1 update as soon as you are done setting it up. There will also be benefits of Rs 6,000 for Reliance Jio users who buy a new OnePlus Nord. In India, the phone will be available on Amazon and OnePlus's website/experience stores.
OnePlus Nord will be available in two colors - Blue Marble and Gray Onyx. The OnePlus Nord is powered by the Snapdragon 765G 5G SoC accompanied by up to 12 GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage. The base variant will be available in only the Gray Onyx colour variant. However you don't have to wait too long for the other variants. While OnePlus focused mainly on flagship devices, OnePlus Nord caters to the mid-premium segment with Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000 price range.
Both the 8GB and the 12GB variant would be available from the 4th of August while the cheaper version would be available in September.
- Here’s how to watch the OnePlus Nord launch
- Liam Payne reveals exact moment One Direction formed
- OnePlus Nord gets first software update with a bunch of camera improvements
- Man takes commuters hostage on bus in Ukraine, reports of gunfire
- USA abruptly informs Beijing to CLOSE consulate in Houston - Chinese Foreign Ministry
- Redmi Note 9 Launched in India, Price, Specifications and Availability
- China slams United States order to shut consulate in Houston
- Covid vaccine trials: What are the results of the Oxford trial?
- An Open Letter to Priyanka Chopra on Why Black Lives Matter
- Chinese COVID-19 candidate vaccine arrives in Brazil