Of the cases, 24 were identified in the Toronto Public Health region, 23 in Windsor-Essex, 15 in Peel, and 14 in Ottawa. A total of 16,383 people were tested on Wednesday, the last day for which screening data is available.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford said that the announcement on whether or not the remaining three Ontario regions can enter Stage 3 of reopening will be delayed next week.
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has reported 10 workplace outbreaks, eight of which were agricultural settings.
Mayor John Tory said he wants as many precautions in place ahead of the move to the next phase of reopening to prevent a possible uptake of COVID-19 cases.
It seems like more young people are continuing to catch COVID-19. Seven per cent of all Ontario cases reported have ended in death. Of those, almost 89 per cent are considered resolved by the Ministry of Health.
The number of patients in Ontario hospitals with confirmed cases of COVID-19 continues to rise again and is now up to 154, up 28 from yesterday, after hitting a low of 101 earlier this month.
In the last 24 hours, just over 28,809 COVID-19 tests were conducted by officials.
The southwestern Ontario region recently surpassed Toronto and Peel for the highest case count in the province.
Today, Ontario is reporting 103 cases of #COVID19, a 0.3% increase.
Throughout the pandemic, Ontario has recorded 38,210 cases of COVID-19.
Ottawa, which saw a one-day surge in cases, is already in Stage 3. Because on-farm testing has stalled, local positive tests are being uncovered by the health unit as it does proactive outreach to farms after a single worker tests positive.
Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 69 cases, rate of 33.7 per 100,000 population. Between June 26 and July 11, it stayed below 100 daily cases except on two occasions.
- Man United under more pressure to qualify for Champions League, says Rodgers
- Tropical Storm Hanna Brings Heavy Rain to Louisiana
- Trump cancels Republican convention in Florida after coronavirus spike
- Liam Payne reveals exact moment One Direction formed
- Payroll tax cut won't be included in fourth coronavirus bill, Mnuchin says
- Johnny Depp threw 30 bottles at me like grenades, Amber Heard claims
- Trump Responds to Joe Biden Calling Him the First 'Racist' President
- China slams United States order to shut consulate in Houston
- Christopher Nolan’s’Tenet’ postponed indefinitely by virus
- Kanye West's Friends Rush To Wyoming To Help Him Seek Medical Treatment