Monday's congressional antitrust hearing with four major tech CEOs is likely to be postponed, Politico's Cristiano Lima reported Thursday, citing unnamed sources.
Tim Cook's testimony in front of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee antitrust investigation has reportedly been postponed, according to CNBC.
Lewis, a civil rights leader and representative for Georgia's 5th congressional district, died last week at the age of 80 after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That and other plans conflicted with the noon hearing. You'll likely still find a livestream of the hearing on the committee's YouTube channel, although it hadn't been updated to reflect the new date as of this writing.
The listening to was originally established to acquire location on Monday, but is now delayed due to memorial solutions for the late Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., which are scheduled to choose put on the similar working day. A personal event is scheduled to take place in the United States Capitol Rotunda at 1: 30 PM on Monday and a public watching will be held outdoors due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Big Tech CEOs' lives just got a lot less stressful.
The meeting would have been be the culmination of a year's investigation into the companies. This time officials are raising concerns as these companies are raising dominance in the market which poses a threat to small tech companies.
Previously, both companies - as well as social media powerhouse Facebook and Alphabet, Google's parent company - reached settlements with Italian tax authorities after allegations of underpaying their tax bills in the country.
Moreover, there are no developing reports yet as to when the next antitrust committee hearing would be.
- Payroll tax cut won't be included in fourth coronavirus bill, Mnuchin says
- Trump Responds to Joe Biden Calling Him the First 'Racist' President
- Harry, Meghan Distance Themselves From Book On Time In Royal Family
- United States places $1.95 billion order for Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine
- OnePlus Nord Unboxing: The Affordable Beast You Always Wanted?
- Tropical Storm Hanna Brings Heavy Rain to Louisiana
- Smartwatch maker Garmin hit by outages after ransomware attack
- Folklore: Taylor Swift releases surprise new album recorded during isolation
- England in control of decider
- Olivia De Havilland, Oscar-Winning Actress, Dies at 104