He is also restrained from using other features like following users and liking tweets.
The video shows several doctors, including Stella Immanuel, calling the studies against the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat the coronavirus "fake science". While in the penalty box, Trump Jr.'s account is unable to tweet, retweet or like posts.
The video featured doctors from a group called America's Frontline Doctors.
The debate has been increasingly dividing Americans along political lines, with proponents of hydroxychloroquine pointing to President Trump's support of it while accusing critics of covering up its potential effectiveness.
Fauci, who has led NIAID at the National Institutes of Health since 1984 and earned high marks in public polls, said he backed the FDA's decision on hydroxychloroquine.
The tweet that triggered this suspension was a video that had falsehoods about COVID-19.
The punishment followed a post by Donald Trump Jr containing a video discussing the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently withdrew an order that enabled hydroxychloroquine to be used as an emergency treatment for COVID-19.
A speaker who identifies herself as a doctor claims that people do not need to wear masks to avoid coronavirus transmission.
He added, "I have not been misleading the American public under any circumstances".
She said she has treated patients with hydroxychloroquine along with zinc, and the antibiotic zithromax.
It's unclear how many people saw the video before it was taken down.
To end the "lockout", Trump Jr. must willingly delete the tweet himself.
- Tropical Storm Hanna Brings Heavy Rain to Louisiana
- England in control of decider
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ album exceeds 1.3 million copies sold in 24 hours
- Regis Philbin Passes Away At 88
- Garmin Connect Outage Caused By Ransomware Attack
- 'folklore' by Taylor Swift sells over 1.3 million copies in 24 hours
- Ocasio-Cortez slams Republican lawmaker over his sexist slur
- Smartwatch maker Garmin suffers outage after ransomware attack
- Tracking elimination of hepatitis B among mothers, children
- British PM Boris Johnson says COVID-19 struggle was worsened by obesity