O'Brien contracted COVID-19 while attending a family event, people familiar with his situation told Bloomberg, and has been out of the office since late last week. O & # 39; Brien has reportedly been working from an off-site location for days other than a brief visit to the White House on Thursday, when he abruptly left.
White House national security adviser Robert O'Brien, seen at a briefing on counternarcotics operations in Doral, Fla., on July 10, has tested positive for the coronavirus. Pottinger, whose brother is a virologist, has been one of the most vocal proponents of measures like masking and temperature checks among the White House staff.
The White House recently ended regular temperature checks for people entering the White House, but concerns remain high as recent cases include the VP's press secretary Katie Miller, wife of Trump adviser Stephen Miller, and the president's personal valet. Trump said last week that he is tested regularly, even as he claimed that the nation's massive caseload - now above 4 million - stems from testing and not the widening contagion.
Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, Kimberly Guyilfoyle, also tested positive.
More broadly, the fact that the White House couldn't secure its top security adviser sends a terrifying message about the administration's Covid-19 responsiveness - that it's inadequate at best.
Mr O'Brien recently returned from a business trip to Europe.
That statement confirmed O'Brien's test results to reporters before his staff was formally informed.
Trump has been criticised for his administration's approach to the virus, which many view as lackadaisical.
Voters continue to disapprove of Trump's handling of the pandemic by double-digit margins and Trump trails Democratic nominee former VP Joe Biden both nationally and in several key swing states.
- Twitter Punishes Donald Trump Jr. for Spreading Covid-19 Misinformation
- Two games postponed Monday over reported Marlins outbreak
- Garmin Connect Outage Caused By Ransomware Attack
- Maui braces for impact as Hurricane Douglas nears Hawaii
- Donald Trump says he is looking at BANNING TikTok
- Miami Marlins ‘pause’ 2020 season through Sunday after COVID-19 outbreak
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- British PM Boris Johnson says COVID-19 struggle was worsened by obesity
- Community Shield Is Going to Take Place on August 29 at Wembley
- Top smartphones for gaming