Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said the Southeast Asian country would be given priority by China if supplies of a vaccine become available.
Researchers at the Gamaleya Institute are now in the process of completing the paperwork and registering the vaccine before a campaign of mass immunisation can begin.
Shattock, who is leading the research on the vaccine at Imperial, said that "We are still doing research on it".
According to the World Health Organization, multiple COVID-19 vaccine approaches are significant.
Russia, which has reported more than 822,000 cases of COVID-19 and is now the world's fourth most COVID-infested country, has concluded plans to register a coronavirus vaccine between August 10 and August 12 this year.
The UK's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said it was more than 95% certain that the group called APT29 - also known as The Dukes or Cozy Bear - was part of Russian intelligence services.
"We are going very quickly".
Meanwhile, Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline said the U.S. government will pay $2.1 billion to them for COVID-19 vaccines to cover 50 million people and to underwrite the drug makers' testing and manufacturing. The vaccine elicits a positive immune response in the body after being injected.
Pending clinical trial outcomes, the vaccine is on track to start a phase 3 efficacy trial in 30,000 participants in September.
Tests have shown that the vaccine promotes the creation of protective antibodies. Once delivered to the body, the vaccine instructs the cells of the body to replicate the spiky protein found on the coronavirus. The health ministry is also expecting two more vaccines to be ready soon for start tests on volunteers.
Accordingly, the vaccine will be approved for public use and that frontline healthcare workers are to get it first.
Shattock said there were numerous coronavirus vaccines now in clinical trials, and he predicted that at least some of them would prove to be effective.
He noted that the documents for vaccine registration is being prepared.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- GOP, Democrats 'very far apart' on COVID-19 relief package
- COVID death toll reaches 150000 in US
- Gov. DeSantis warns to 'remain vigilant' as Hurricane Isaias approaches Florida
- U.S. Attorney General William Barr to be tested for coronavirus
- Republicans flat-out reject Trump’s suggestion to delay election
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Coronavirus leads to record drop in German GDP
- 4 arrested in HK by national security unit police officers