The company is planning to launch Phase 3 human trials on tens of thousands of volunteers in September.
Bhubaneswar: The preparations for the commencement of the second phase of the human clinical trial of India's indigenous COVID-19 vaccine "Covaxin" is underway at a hospital here, according to the officials.
University of Auckland vaccinologist Dr Helen Petousis-Harris earlier told Stuff this means some manufacturers could be in a position to deploy Covid-19 vaccine at the end of 2020.
But Hahn insisted he was not acting under pressure from President Donald Trump, who has been pushing hard for a vaccine, saying one might be ready before U.S. elections November 3.
The Department of Health (DoH) is considering several hospitals in Metro Manila and Cebu City as venues for clinical trials for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) vaccine being developed in Russian Federation.
The Ministry of Health says its Covid-19 vaccine strategy is centred on achieving sufficient levels of immunity in the population, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific peoples and at-risk groups in the community.
The key word there is "choose", with Health Minister Patty Hajdu ending speculation Monday Canada might force Canadians to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Last week, Canada's National Research Council said it had ended its partnership on a coronavirus vaccine with China's CanSino Biologics 6185.HK because the company lacked the authority to ship the vaccine. We have also been assured about the supply of Oxford's vaccine to Bangladesh. iPolitics was the first to report that Chinese customs were blocking the vaccine from being sent to Canada.
On Monday, the country tallied 3,446 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the total to 220,819 cases.
Trudeau announced additional funding to build a new facility at the Montreal lab over the next two years, to produce even more vaccines within Canada.
Early tests showed Novavax's vaccine candidate was "generally well-tolerated" and elicited a "robust antibody responses", Novavax said.
Note to readers: This is a corrected story.
- Pranab Mukherjee's health deteriorates, in septic shock due to lung infection
- National Basketball Association players discuss boycotting games following Jacob Blake shooting
- Giannis Antetokounmpo explains how Bucks' walkout unfolded
- Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman passes away at 43
- Chadwick Boseman: 'Black Panther' Star Dies of Cancer
- Trump supporters, counter-protesters clash in Portland
- Willian: Arsenal sign former Chelsea midfielder on free transfer
- Local school boards update staggered back to school plans
- Amazon launches Halo fitness tracker to rival Fitbit
- Man Utd defender Maguire admits captaincy out of his hands