Presently, the total number of active corona cases in the country is 8 lakh 83 thousand and 697.
India has been recording the world's largest daily coronavirus caseload for nearly a month even as the Government pushes to open businesses to revive a contracting economy.
On the other hand, COVID-19 cases in the national capital are on the rise as it recorded a hike of 3,609 fresh infections on Tuesday evening.
India has also recorded 71,642 deaths, fewer than the 126,203 in Brazil and 188,540 in the US.
India now country with second-highest number of coronavirus cases
The Delhi Metro also resumed its services with curtailed operation of the Yellow Line on Monday after being closed for over five months due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. "We have been conducting tests in markets, crowded places, mohalla clinics, hospitals, and many other places", Jain said. India's coronavirus mortality rate of 1.7% is among the lowest of the worst-hit countries. These 5 States together contributed 57% of the recoveries in the last 24 hours.
Various steps like mask-wearing, social distancing, and traveling with smart cards only.
MINSK - Belarus reported 177 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, taking its total to 73,208, according to the country's health ministry. The fatality rate in the country dropped to 1.69 percent and there are 8,97,394 active cases of coronavirus.
The COVID-19 case fatality rate now stands at 1.7 per cent.
Aggressive and widespread testing have essayed an important role in India " s fight against the COVID pandemic, the ministry said.
Five states - Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu - account for almost 70 per cent of deaths due to COVID-19 in the country, Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
- U.S. may block China’s biggest chip maker SMIC from using United States technology
- Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine trials scheduled at PGIMER delayed over pending safety approvals
- Van de Beek was lured to join Spurs instead of Manchester United
- Apple tumbles 8% after announcing delay of big iPhone privacy feature
- Djokovic disqualified from US Open after hitting line judge with tennis ball
- European Union diplomats: United Kingdom overriding Brexit divorce deal would be "self-defeating"
- Australia hopes to get AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine within months
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager