However, after last night's Nations League defeat to Italy, fans from Ajax rallied outside the Johan Cruijff ArenA to serenade Van de Beek. On Wednesday, the talented midfielder arrived at the Theatre of Dreams on a five-year contract with an additional season clause.
Solskjaer is clearly a fan of his compatriot and King could be a solid back-up striker to replace Ighalo but some Man Utd fans may feel the club needs to be a bit more ambitious if they're to close the gap on the likes of City and Liverpool.
The midfielder was all set to move to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu but the coronavirus pandemic saw Los Blancos recoil from the deal, which allowed Manchester United come in and seal a deal for the Dutchman this week for 39 million euros.
Van de Beek has put pen to paper on a long-term deal with Manchester United after the Red Devils finally signed the Dutch playmaker following a long-held interest in the Ajax star.
He told Algemeen Dagblad, (quoted by Evening Standard): "Steven Bergwijn texted me to see whether I would play for Spurs". United have a history of bringing in youth players, I think it's a great choice, much better than Real Madrid, I think that would have been a disaster.
"So this is the moment that Ole, yes he had a hard start to last season, but I think with what he's done he deserves that backing that the other managers in the last ten years have been afforded". "In the end, there was an agreement", he told Algemeen Dagblad.
Former Arsenal player Paul Merson has slammed Manchester United over its latest signing, Donny van de Beek, predicting that the 23-year-old will struggle to fit in with Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes on the pitch. "That was for me an important thing", he stated.
- Here's Why People Are Calling for a Boycott of 'Mulan'
- Several stabbed in 'major incident' in Birmingham: UK police
- Apple announces 5G iPhone event for September 15
- Typhoon Haishen threatens Korea after battering Japan
- California Fire Which Destroyed 28 Km Started From Gender Reveal Party Firework
- Pelosi Says SF Salon Visit Was a ‘Set-Up,’ Won’t Apologize
- Mobile Phones: Google launches the Pixel 4a smartphone at £/$349
- Indian army says Chinese troops fired in the air in border stand-off
- UK: Police arrest man after Birmingham stabbing spree
- Djokovic disqualified from US Open after hitting line judge with tennis ball