People are very happy with the decision that has come in the past over Rhea Chakraborty.
To note, Rhea's brother Showik and alleged drug peddlers Basit Parihar and Zaid Vilatra had also applied for bail and their order will also be pronounced tomorrow.
According to Times Of India, Rhea has said in her plea that while she was in custody, she was coerced into making confessions that she is now formally retracting.
Apart from Rhea and Showik, the NCB also arrested Dipesh Sawant, Sushant's cook and Samuel Miranda, the actor's house manager who have all applied for bail and will have to remain in judicial custody till September 23 if bail is denied.
Rhea has been charged with organizing drugs for her boyfriend Sushant, MS Dhoni actor whose shock death on June 14 is being investigated by the CBI. He also said that there is no allegation of her procuring drugs outside the duration of her relationship with the late actor and that the NCB has not shown any connection between her and drug peddlers or suppliers.
Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty is arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in connection with drugs-related allegations on the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's death case, in Mumbai on September 8, 2020.
The ED had on July 31 registered an Enforcement Case Information Report in the late actor's death case after a First Information Report (FIR) was filed by Rajput's father KK Singh against Rhea Chakraborty in Bihar on July 28.
During a video hearing by a magistrate last evening, Rhea sought for bail which was rejected.
One user said if Rhea can be arrested for buying weed, more than half of Mumbai will also have to be sent to jail for the same.
In other development, Showik and other accused were taken earlier today for medical tests. Anurag has also taken a stand for Rhea Chakraborty and raised his voice for justice.
She made the revelation to the Narcotics Control Bureau while being tested for narcotics use.
- Microsoft Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Pricing and Availability Revealed
- Firefighters Hospitalized With Injuries From Battling Wildfire In California
- AstraZeneca halts COVID-19 vaccine trial after 'unexplained illness'
- India's new COVID-19 cases among highest worldwide
- Australia hopes to get AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine within months
- Apple announces 5G iPhone event for September 15
- Typhoon Haishen threatens Korea after battering Japan
- LabCorp: New Test Can Detect COVID-19 and Flu
- Donald Trump allegedly disparaged African leaders, including Mandela
- Bombay High Court tells BMC to stop demolition work at Kangana’s bungalow