Brazilian all-time great Pele has congratulated Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo after the latter scored his 100th global goal on Tuesday (September 8, 2020).
Felix, the protégé, played the ball into the path of Ronaldo who made no mistakes and scored his 101st goal with a sensational finish right past a diving Olsen.
"It's sad playing without fans, it's like going to the circus with no clowns or into a garden with no flowers", Ronaldo said.
He has now set his sights on Daei's record of 109 goals.
The Portuguese captain became the first European footballer to score a century of global goals. When they tell me I can reach 100, I say it's not enough.
The goals make Ronaldo the first ever European player to achieve the 100-goal milestone.
Yet while Portuguese media were on Monday excited by the prospect, the emphatic 4-1 win over Croatia led some to suggest Portugal could free itself from its "Ronaldo-dependance".
"I really like to see him, he has a great potential, and he's an excellent player". "It motivates me. But health has to come first and we need to respect that".
Rennes midfielder Camavinga, aged 17 years and nine months, replaced N'Golo Kante in the second half and is only surpassed by Julien Verbrugghe, aged 16 years and 10 months in 1906, and Maurice Gastiger, at 17 years and four months in 1914.
With two wins from two games Portugal top Group 3, ahead on goal difference of France, which beat Croatia 4-2, with the Swedes third and the Croatians bottom.
Croatia, meanwhile, have excused playmakers Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic from global duties against Portugal and from a World Cup final rematch with France on Tuesday.
He is oddly goal-shy between the 11th and 20th minutes with Portugal, but piles on the goals between the 76th minute and full time.
- India reports highest COVID-19 deaths in more than a month
- Rhea Chakraborty shifted to Byculla jail from NCB office
- California: Gender reveal party sparks fire that burned 7,000 acres of land
- Bombay High Court tells BMC to stop demolition work at Kangana’s bungalow
- Belarus's Tsikhanouskaya calls for release of opposition leader Kolesnikova
- MI residents urged to get flu shots
- Trump, Biden trade blows as White House race hits final stretch
- Wildland fire crew overtaken by flames in California mountains
- Percent of Virus Cases Linked to Sturgis, Gov. Slams Report
- Apple announces 5G iPhone event for September 15