Face coverings instead of costume masks. "Trick or treating: we are highly recommending that it not happen".
Less than a day after the announcement, public health officials said they had "slightly revised" the policy by softening the language about trick-or-treating and "trunk or treat". "We don't think it's an appropriate activity during a pandemic". Some of those activities include trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating, parties, festivals, live entertainment, carnivals, and haunted house attractions.
Halloween gatherings, events or parties with non-household members are not permitted even if they are conducted outdoors.
"Whether this means trick-or-treating, more candy bowl moments at home with family and close friends, or just more time celebrating the season throughout the month of October, one thing is for sure - Halloween is happening", the National Confectioners Association said in a statement.
Instead, officials recommend residents celebrate Halloween online or from a safe distance.
According to the county, online parties or contests, such as pumpkin-carving or costume contests, are allowed, as are vehicle parades and drive-thru attractions.
While officials advised against trick-or-treating this Halloween, they did provide some alternate suggestions to celebrating spooky season during the pandemic, including auto parades and drive-through events, Halloween movie nights at drive-in theaters and decorating homes and yards with Halloween-themed decorations.
Additionally, the county has graciously agreed to allow homeowners to "Dress up homes and yards with Halloween themed decorations".
That's a question that no longer comes up between my wife and I. We have already decided that our 5-year-old is not going trick or treating this Halloween. It will be interesting to see what Halloween looks like in 2020.
- Percent of Virus Cases Linked to Sturgis, Gov. Slams Report
- Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby was the unsung hero of Game 6
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Motorola announces Razr 5G foldable phone with 2.7-inch external display
- LabCorp: New Test Can Detect COVID-19 and Flu
- Hurricane Laura to hit coasts of Louisiana, Texas with force
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Rhea Chakraborty shifted to Byculla jail from NCB office
- Avengers actress Diana Rigg has died aged 82