Denver trails the Los Angeles Clippers 3-1 in their Western Conference semifinals matchup, so it's win-or-go-home time for the Nuggets, who are already 3-0 in elimination games this season after rallying to top Utah in the first round.
Jokic and Leonard, heads and tails in the second game between the Nuggets and Clippers.
Though the Rockets ended up winning that game, Houston fans took to social media to express their distaste for the National Basketball Association choosing Scott Foster to ref Game 7, before and after the game.
"We just focused, came out knowing the game plan, gave our energy in those first five minutes and it carried over from there", Leonard said. "Tonight we just upped the energy and that's all it took to win".
Nikola Jokic had 32 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists for Denver despite a sore right wrist that had him questionable before the game.
Lowry played the entire second half again, the third time that happened in the past four Toronto games, while Pascal Siakam played a whopping 54 minutes. "I thought tonight we were a noticeably different team than we were in game one", Nuggets coach Michael Malone said.
Reserve Montrezl Harrell, on the other hand, added 15 points for Clippers.
Kawhi Leonard scored 30 points, 11 rebounds, four steals and two blocked shots to help Clippers move a step closer to their first Western Conference finals. "A few easy ones didn't fall early, and that was it from there".
The Raptors had looked down and out trailing their Eastern Conference semi-final 2-0, with Boston half a second away from taking a 3-0 lead on Thursday before OG Anunoby sunk a last-gasp three-pointer.
Kyle Lowry scored 33 points and Norman Powell added 23 to enable the Raptors to level the series 3-3 and sustain their title repeat hopes. "We feel good about ourselves". It's not going to be easy. "We've still got a lot of work that needs to be done".
"We will be ready for Game Three", Clippers forward Paul George said. "We know how tough those guys are". Jayson Tatum's line looked a little stronger: 9-for-21 for 29 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists, but he had six turnovers, and save for a late push at the end of the second OT, was mostly missing when his team needed him.
- Avengers actress Diana Rigg has died aged 82
- Apple tumbles 8% after announcing delay of big iPhone privacy feature
- India reports highest COVID-19 deaths in more than a month
- EFF shuts Clicks stores in East London in anti-racism protest
- Russian Federation plans to create children's COVID-19 vaccine
- China Approves Trials For First Nasal Spray COVID-19 Vaccine
- Van de Beek was lured to join Spurs instead of Manchester United
- California: Gender reveal party sparks fire that burned 7,000 acres of land
- U.S. may block China’s biggest chip maker SMIC from using United States technology
- Microsoft Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Pricing and Availability Revealed