Williams, a power forward and first-round draft pick by the Celtics in 2019, scored six points and pulled down a rebound for Boston in the loss.
The Raptors and Celtics will play Game 7 on Friday. At the time of his departure, he was the two-time Southeastern Conference Player of the Year.
Lowry and Powell will get the bulk of the credit for the Raptors pulling out the win, but going as small as they did is only possible because of Anunoby.
The Toronto Raptors' second-round playoff series against the Boston Celtics has come down to just one game. I'm trying to not put it all on that, I think there's so much more game to play, right? Will Game 7 be a defining moment for Brad Stevens?
"That was two hard teams playing hard".
And now there's another Game 7 in the midst of a playoff run that could again send Raptors fans into a stratosphere of fandom. Powell's two free throws accounted for the final score, and Boston's last-second 3-point heave by Marcus Smart hit the rim but didn't go in. Not much comes easy for either team on the offensive side of the floor.
Anunoby connected from three, then Powell had a steal and a running layup to give Toronto four points of breathing room with 38.8 seconds left.
Throwing numerous Raptors' punches was, who else, Kyle Lowry, who led all scorers with 33 points on 12-of-20 shooting (6-of-10 from deep), plus eight rebounds, six assists, two steals and just one turnover.
The only other call that was deemed to be incorrect was that Raptors guard Norman Powell did not get called for traveling on a play with 1:35 remaining in the first overtime period. Subbed off for Ibaka just seven minutes in, he then left the bench area to gather himself. "That's his trademark now". He was huge for us. But Norm really gave us a boost.
A career playoff-high 13 rebounds were instrumental to Toronto's win, and the calm with which he's played is in flawless concert with his personality. But Jaylen Brown, who paced his team with 31 points, felt they would bounce back today.
While Finals Most Valuable Player Kawhi Leonard just missed his first career play-off triple-double, he sparked his team with 30 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.
- Huawei to replace Google on smartphones as it faces U.S. threat
- Van de Beek was lured to join Spurs instead of Manchester United
- AstraZeneca halts COVID-19 vaccine trial after 'unexplained illness'
- Apple tumbles 8% after announcing delay of big iPhone privacy feature
- Firefighters Hospitalized With Injuries From Battling Wildfire In California
- Hurricane Laura to hit coasts of Louisiana, Texas with force
- John Bolton believes Trump downplaying the coronavirus may cost him the election
- EFF shuts Clicks stores in East London in anti-racism protest
- Cristiano Ronaldo Hates Playing In Empty Stadiums, 'Like Circus Without Clowns'
- China Approves Trials For First Nasal Spray COVID-19 Vaccine