Maximum sustained winds are 40 miles per hour.
The big problem with Nineteen won't necessarily be the wind, but the rain and flooding. The current forecast track has the storm slowing down as it approaches the coastline beginning on Monday and lasting into the middle of the week.
As of now, the forecast track calls for Sally to make landfall somewhere along the SE LA/Mississippi coastlines.
A tropical storm watch was issued for the coast of southeastern Florida from south of Jupiter Inlet to north of Ocean Reef.
Hurricane WATCHES are now in effect for parts of the South Louisiana and MS coastlines.
The 150mph monster of a storm left almost a million residents without power, killed at least 10 people and drowned out several homes with rain water.
Those four southern states should expect to see as much as three inches of rainfall through Wednesday.
Tropical Depression #19 has formed off the Florida Coast this afternooon. The orange one just off the coast of Florida is a risk for the oil and gas industry. The Weather Channel is live streamed by fuboTV.
Weather maps show TD19 isn't far behind a second tropical system already in the Gulf.
Welcome to the peak of the 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season! For now, the Storm Team acknowledges a chance that it could become a tropical depression, but strengthening into a tropical storm seems unlikely.
The storm has maximum sustained winds that are near 60 miles per hour (95 km/h) with higher gusts. Gradual development of this system is forecast, and a tropical depression is expected to form by this weekend or early next week while the system moves generally westward across the eastern and central tropical Atlantic.
TS Paulette is now a potential threat to Bermuda..
The potential for rip currents will affect nearly the entirety of the East Coast between Tuesday and Wednesday.
- South Korea's Samsung Display seeks licence to supply Huawei
- John Bolton believes Trump downplaying the coronavirus may cost him the election
- MI residents urged to get flu shots
- Bombay High Court tells BMC to stop demolition work at Kangana’s bungalow
- Firefighters Hospitalized With Injuries From Battling Wildfire In California
- Motorola announces Razr 5G foldable phone with 2.7-inch external display
- Health officials cancel trick-or-treating in LA County
- Raptors' Ibaka questionable to play Game 6 due to ankle sprain
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Dutch prime minister urges Britain to respect the withdrawal agreement