The IDPH first listed Will County at warning level on August 14 for its high number of new cases and emergency room visits for COVID-19-like illness. The state's cumulative caseload is now 146,214 since the first infections were confirmed on March 6. Of those whose deaths were reported Sunday, four were over 80, four were 65 to 79, and two others were 50 to 64 and 30 to 49, respectively.
"We know that congregation, especially in college and university settings, yields increased case counts", Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine said in a written statement. There are now 2,023 net active cases in the county.
The state's percentage of positive COVID-19 tests rose to 4.2% over the past week, up from 4% the previous week.
County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard. According to the Centre Daily Times, the State College and University Park zip codes had nearly all of the new cases.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recorded a record one-day rise in the number of new coronavirus infections, with 307,930 reported over 24 hours. The current seven-day positivity rate is 6.8%.
The province said that 5,446 individuals who tested positive have now recovered.
Despite the fact that cases have greatly fluctuated in September, deaths have been steadily declining. Six new deaths have also been confirmed and the state death toll is still over 7,800.
For the first time in almost a month, Will County did not appear on the Illinois Department of Public Health's COVID-19 warning level list last Friday.
The Island Health region has seen a total of 190 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic.
The number of deaths each day has plunged to about 2.3 over the last week, just a fraction of the 10.3 deaths a day on average in mid-May.
Like the state, the Lehigh Valley has been consistently trending down in new deaths recently.
- Germany hands data on Navalny’s poisoning over to the OPCW
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Palestinians reject Israel-Bahrain deal
- Lampard embraces pressure of Chelsea's spending spree
- Ligue 1: Neymar blames racism for PSG loss to Marseille
- Two Los Angeles cops in critical condition after being shot
- Tens of thousands protesters rally in Minsk as police detain 250
- Nvidia buys Arm for US$40 billion - Hardware
- China says COVID-19 vaccine could be ready for public by November
- Researchers trial inhaled versions of Oxford and Imperial COVID-19 vaccine candidates