Russian Public Health watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor, on Tuesday stated that no less than 26 different vaccines against coronavirus were now being developed in the country.
Researchers at Imperial College London will trial a potential vaccine being developed there and the one being developed at Oxford University, to determine whether they are safe and effective.
Some of China's vaccine candidates have already been offered to essential workers under an emergency use programme. He was replying to a question on the status of COVID-19 vaccines in the country.
"I don't know if they have to wait until 2021, because, as I said, our studies, we have a good chance that we will know if the product works by the end of October".
CDC tells states to prepare by November; Fox News medical correspondent Dr. Marc Siegel weighs in. 'Ordinary people can be vaccinated with the vaccine, because according to its phase III clinical results, the current progress is proceeding very smoothly'.
Wu added that she had taken a vaccine in April and has felt good over the past few months, although she did not specify which candidate she had taken.
The experimental vaccine has been provided to thousands of Chinese residents by Chinese companies, including China National Biotech Group, a subsidiary of state-owned Synoform, and Chinese companies including Synovac Biotech.
On August 11, Russian Federation became the first worldwide to register the vaccine against the coronavirus which was named Sputnik V. The preparation was developed by the Gamaleya National Research Center and passed clinical trial in June-July.
Global vaccine makers are racing to develop an effective vaccine against the virus that has killed more than 925,000 people since it emerged in China late previous year.
The AstraZeneca /Oxford partnership is one of the vaccine development efforts against the coronavirus that is furthest along. "You don't want a situation with the vaccine where you have the capacity for your country but you can't consume it", he said.
China is the world's largest producer and consumer of vaccines, and can supply more than 1 billion doses of a vaccine annually from 40 manufacturers across the country, according to the 2018-2022 China Human Vaccine Industry Report. The World Health Organization (WHO) had flagged AstraZeneca's as the most promising.
- Palestinians reject Israel-Bahrain deal
- Germany hands data on Navalny’s poisoning over to the OPCW
- Rhea Chakraborty, brother Showiks bail application rejected in Mumbai sessions court
- What do we know about #CancelNetflix? Why is it trending? Explained!
- Wildfires destroying American states on west coast
- Two Los Angeles cops in critical condition after being shot
- Nvidia buys Arm for US$40 billion - Hardware
- Coronavirus: AstraZeneca and Oxford resume COVID-19 vaccine trial
- NY commemorates Sept 11 terror attacks amid pandemic
- Ligue 1: Neymar blames racism for PSG loss to Marseille