Following Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan's attack on BJP's Ravi Kishan, who had talked about the issue of "drug menace in Bollywood" in Lok Sabha on Monday, for "tarnishing" the image of the entire movie industry, Telangana BJP stated that she "sounded like a full-blown hypocrite". Those who earned their names on the support of the film industry called it gutters.
"People who have made a name in this industry have called it a gutter".
"Just because of a few people, you can not tarnish the whole industry".
No "actionable inputs" have been received on any nexus between people in the film industry and drug traffickers, the government told the Lok Sabha today in the backdrop of allegations on the matter following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. "All kinds of promises are being made to the entertainment industry but never ever kept". She had given a Zero Hour notice in Rajya Sabha, which can be raised for critical matters with the approval of the Speaker.
She said the entertainment industry in the country provides direct employment to 5 lakh people daily and indirect employment to 5 million people. "It's a shame. Jis thaali mein khaate hain usi mein chhed karte hain [It is akin to biting the hand that feeds you]". The industry needs the protection and support of the government. This was after Bachchan made a passionate speech slamming BJP MP Ravi Kishan for his disparaging comments about the Hindi film industry. He urged his government headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take stringent measures against those involved in the drug racket. "When Jaya ji & I joined, situation was not like this but now we need to protect the industry", Ani quoted Kishan as saying.
The statement of Jaya Bachchan didn't go down well with many netizens, and they slammed the senior actress for not reprimanding Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut for using foul language for Kangana. "Show compassion for us also", Ranaut tweeted. "Give them a befitting punishment and bring an end to this conspiracy by neighbouring countries", he had said.
- Dining out may be a serious factor in COVID-19 risk
- Victoria Azarenka gets break early against Naomi Osaka
- Sebastian Vettel To Race For Aston Martin In 2021
- BC health officials announce 317 new coronavirus cases since Friday
- What do we know about #CancelNetflix? Why is it trending? Explained!
- Hamilton on Tuscan Grand Prix pole, Mercedes lock out front row
- Asia’s economy to shrink, first time since 1960s, says ADB
- Former UK PM Cameron says he has misgivings about Brexit move
- China says committed to ensuring peace on border with India
- Trump Threatens To Ban TikTok By Tuesday