The new deal sweetens the pot for buyers and gives users who are new to Apple's ecosystem a taste of the company's services portfolio.
"The iPhone 12 is the first 5G-capable handset from Apple, and its arrival opens up nearly half of the UK's smartphone market to the new technology", he said. The phones have aluminum sides.
Available for a limited time, the promotion starts on October 22 and is applicable to new iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and iPod touch purchases.
The iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will come in four finishes - Silver, Graphite, Gold, and Pacific Blue.
Shares of Apple were mixed before the event, managing to work their way back to flat during morning trading ahead of the event.
The new iPhone will also come with MagSafe for iPhone.
By the looks of it Apple is going to launch the Home Pod mini in a space grey and white just like its predecessor
Apple claims it runs 50 per cent faster than any other smartphone processor now on the market. Pre-orders for iPhone 12 Pro begin Friday, October 16, with availability beginning Friday, October 23. iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available for pre-order Friday, November 6, and in stores beginning Friday, November 13. In its only promotional material for the event, Apple teased it would be about "speed" - which seemed to confirm the leaks and reports that the next iPhone will be 5G-enabled.
Are you going to be buying Apple's new phone?
5G support makes the phones theoretically capable of downloading data much faster, although that will mostly depend on wireless carriers updating their networks.
The announcement comes several weeks later than is traditional after Apple admitted earlier this year that the coronavirus pandemic had impacted its launch schedule.
Thomas Husson, principal analyst at Forrester said: "Apple is not late to the 5G game". It added that the USA models will support the faster millimeter wave technology. Vestberg announced that the telco was activating 5G across the U.S.as of Tuesday. A third of phone sales in China during the second quarter were 5G handsets, according to Counterpoint Research.
Apple has designed an Apple Watch-style MagSafe charging puck for iPhones, along with a dual charger that also includes an Apple Watch charger. It's also a change that could help Apple save hundreds of millions of dollars over time and lift sales of AirPods.
- Bryson DeChambeau confronts PHOTOGRAPHER during Shriners Open third round
- How to watch Apple iPhone 12 event
- COVID-19 Survives on Surfaces For 28 Days - Study Finds
- Ontario confirms 809 new COVID cases today
- Barrett to Tell Senators That Making Policy Is Not Role of Court
- Fauci Says His Words 'Taken Out of Context' in Trump Campaign Ad
- This is Apple’s Diwali ‘gift’ to iPhone 11 buyers in India
- Walmart, Target to hold their own sales events alongside Amazon Prime Day
- Biden Campaign Continues To Deflect On Court-Packing, said a Biden campaigner
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un tearfully thanks troops, apologises for failures