It said that some 1,000 revelers gathered around the Staples Center, the Lakers' home arena, after the team dominated the Miami Heat 106-93 to win the record-equaling championship.
By declining the player option of $28.7 million that he now holds, Davis is setting himself up to have multiple contract possibilities this offseason. Meanwhile, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is also likely not to pick up the $8.5 million player option for next year, which could put him in a spot to cash in free agency with LA or another team. With a $125 million cap projection for 2022, Davis could sign a five-year, $253.75 million deal.
James averaged 29.8 points, 11.8 rebounds and 8.5 assists in the six-game series, giving him his fourth Finals MVP award to go along with his fourth championship trophy.
It will be interesting to see which type of deal Davis ends up signing with the Lakers.
Rondo allowed James to take over offensively by attacking the paint immensely and destroying his opponents' defensive schemes, especially when the Lakers needed it most in crunch time. Davis uses James' agent, Rich Paul, and could conceivably do the same. That scenario may appeal to him the most.
Anthony Davis is expected to be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. but not for long.
Snoop has been a longtime, die-hard fan of the Lakers.
- Fauci Says His Words 'Taken Out of Context' in Trump Campaign Ad
- Blood type may predict your COVID-19 risk, study shows
- Kim keeps Inbee at bay to claim maiden major title
- Apple announces smaller HomePod Mini smart speaker
- Two And A Half Men Star Conchata Ferrell Has Died, Aged 77
- Patriots and Broncos Game Postponed After Positive COVID-19 Tests
- Biden Campaign Continues To Deflect On Court-Packing
- Apple unveils new iPhone 12 smartphone range
- UK's three-tier coronavirus alert system kicks in to tackle rising infections
- WA lawmakers, leaders weigh in as SCOTUS confirmation hearings begin