The shift was announced earlier this year, and according to Bloomberg News, the first Apple Silicon products, unveiled on November 10, will include thirteen-inch and sixteen-inch MacBook Pros and a new thirteen-inch MacBook Air.
The Nikkei Asian Review, citing its own sources, reports that the volume of orders for the release of Apple laptops equipped with processors of its own design could reach 20% of what was produced for the entire 2019.
By introducing the first generation of Apple Silicon-based Macs, the company is hoping to compete against Windows PCs by using in-house processors and offer overall better performance than AMD-based systems. However, the first "Apple Silicon" Macs being made available to consumers will be powered by the 5nm A14X Bionic, a modified version of the chip in the latest iDevices. Here is everything that we can expect from the One More Thing Apple event.
The report from Nikkei Asia says that the initial orders for the first MacBooks to use the Apple Silicon CPU unit are equal to almost 20 percent of all MacBook shipments in 2019.
Apple A14X benchmarks leak ahead of Apple Silicon Mac event - CPU - News
Here's a closer look at what to expect on Tuesday.
There is also talk of updates to the regular AirPods and AirPods Pro, but we had heard very little about these until very recently, so are inclined to believe they will arrive at some point in 2021.
We will just have to wait and see what the future holds for Apple Silicon SoCs inside next-gen Macs. Apple intends to completely end the usage of Intel's CPUs on its MacBook lineup in the next two years.
Apple's last event of the year has been commonly used to announce the latest MacBook offerings, but people can expect way more than the typical annual upgrades next week. In comparison, the 16-inch MacBook Pro with the 8-core Intel Core i9 CPU scored 1096 for single-core and 6869 for multi-core.
Why? Because A14 is the only chip that was made using a five-nanometer process, currently.
Apple is said to be working on new over-the-ear headphones called AirPods Studio. Apple is also able to further differentiate its devices from competing products with tight integration between software and hardware, similar to its iOS platform and A-series chips.
- There Are Five New COVID-19 Cases In Calaveras County
- Death toll from hurricane Eta in Central America is rising
- B.C. adds record-breaking 425 new COVID-19 cases
- Barack Obama Congratulates Biden, Harris, Says Massive Challenges Ahead
- Bank of England to buy £150B more bonds as new lockdown starts
- 'Apex Legends' changes seven season battle pass after players complain
- A Different Kind of Milestone in Paris for Nadal: 1000th ATP Win
- White House chief of staff Mark Meadows tests positive to COVID-19
- Women’s T20 Challenge 2020, Match 3: Trailblazers vs Supernovas - Toss Report
- Biden leads in latest Pennsylvania vote count