During the G-77 ministerial meet, India urged nations to raise voice for "recovery, resilience and reform to ensure that we go back to the path of development". On the other hand, COVID-19 is seen to be increasing havoc in various countries of the world.
COVID-19 beds in government-run hospitals are almost full and the availability of intensive care unit beds with ventilator support in the city has reached an all-time low, according to the government data.
The paper highlighted that studies are underway to assess whether existing antivirals can be repurposed for early treatment. Such approaches could be helpful against future emergent viruses as well. Though there are more recoveries than new cases, Maharashtra and West Bengal too reported a high number of Covid-19 cases during the same period.
Meanwhile, the Latin American country registered 29,070 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the accumulated national caseload to 5,810,652.
India's active caseload of COVID-19 has shrunk to 4,80,719, registering a four-day streak of less than five lakh active cases, the Health Ministry said today.
Currently, India's Case Fatality Rate is at 1.47 per cent, which is one of the lowest globally. Total cured cases are 80,66,502 with 52,718 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
About 79.91 per cent of the new recovered cases were contributed by 10 states/UTs. The toll touched 1,30,661 as on Sunday. The city recorded as many as 104 deaths and 7,053 new infections. Kerala recorded 6,357 new cases, while Maharashtra reported 4,237 new infections in a span of 24 hours, the ministry said.
The recovery rate among coronavirus patients stands at 92.97%. Total cases in the state now stand at 1,83,057 including 3,083 deaths and 1,70,969 recoveries due to the deadly virus.
India's active caseload of COIVD-19 has dropped below 4.85 Lakhs and now stands at 4 lakh 84 thousand 547.
- Biden Still Ahead as Trump Fights Results
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Jerry Rawlings, ex-Ghanaian President, is dead
- Dominic Thiem defeats Stefanos Tsitsipas in opening match — ATP Finals
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- UK PM Johnson's senior adviser Cummings expected to resign by year-end
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Mando Lore - Episode 12: The Heiress, fan service to the max
- Reliable leakster claims Galaxy S21 Ultra will have support for S Pen