"This is another step on the road to the World Cup in Qatar 2022, which is where we want to be", he said.
Scotland are now sitting top of Group B2, ahead of the Czech Republic, Israel and Slovakia. We've gone from League C in the Nations League to League B - which is progress - and we're one win away from the A league.
The Jocks beat Serbia on penalties after David Marshall saved a spot kick from Mitrovic. Given their last two meetings have ended in draws, the best option might be the stalemate at 23/10 with 888Sport.
However momentum swung back in favour of the home team after their equaliser, with Scotland defending deep in extra time.
Scotland became something of an expert to get into the finals of the World Cup and was back in 1978, and the only British nation to get into the finals in Argentina, as the same happened four years earlier.
Due to the complicated process they faced Israel, who they finished above in the Nations League, in the semi-final and drew 0-0, against a side they'd lost to in the previous competition, and won on penalties.
Arsenal's defeat to Aston Villa last time out was a stark reminder of the job Mikel Arteta has on his hands and if he is to turn things around then players like Tierney need to produce for him.
Klopp will hope left-back Robertson's problem is nothing serious and that he will be fit to play Premier League leaders Leicester City next Sunday. Sunday's narrow defeat to Slovakia was undeserved but there can be no hard luck stories against Israel tonight. Mitrovic had scored 10 goals in qualifying. He is 11/4 with Paddy Power for anytime scorer here and that looks decent value.
"I'm delighted for them", he said.
The arrival of new boss Steve Clarke eventually proved to be the saving grace for Jack and his love for Scotland and football, in general, were revitalised and now he is simply reaping the rewards of perseverance. Few believe they will be among the contenders to win the Euro's, but to see them go on towards the next hurdle would be exciting. So I like the look of the 19/20 on offer at William Hill for them to win over one corner in each half.
- Trump faces approaching deadline for recount in Wisconsin
- First M1 Apple Silicon Mac Arrives at Customer
- Fox News faces criticism for video supporting Trump`s election rigging claim
- RCEP free trade deal signed among 15 participating countries
- SpaceX Crew-1 launch
- Acting Pentagon chief tells US troops "time to come home"
- Moderna’s Coronavirus Vaccine 95% Effective in Clinical Trial
- Does a James Harden trade to the Nets make sense?
- Google Pixel 4a Gets a New 'Barely Blue' Limited Edition Colour Variant
- Hurricane Iota roars onto Nicaragua as powerful category 4 storm