Following Donald Trump's refusal to concede defeat, former U.S. first lady Michelle Obama has joined her husband Barack Obama in urging the president to facilitate a smooth transition of power to projected president-elect Joe Biden.
Obama is seemingly following in the footsteps of his wife Michelle who in 2018 also tied her favorite music to the release of her uber-successful memoir, Becoming, by enlisting Questlove to curate an extensive three-part playlist.
"The Constitution seems a little shaky lately".
I think- Michelle and I joke about the fact that one of the bigger scandals of my presidency was me wearing a tan suit during a press conference.
Again without typing his name, Obama's message is loud and direct to Trump.
"I don't think it would have had to be seven hundred pages", Obama chuckled - the rest of his burn drowned out by the audience's laughter. But Biden won and his victory likely renews interest in an era when he was Obama's trusted and popular vice president.
"Do you feel that when you congratulated Biden and Senator Harris that you were premature in doing that?"
Obama said the book is a "reckoning" of his eight-year tenure in the White House.
"When I reached him, however, he expressed congratulations and support".
"As a strategy for picking up girls, my pseudo-intellectualism proved mostly worthless; I found myself in a series of affectionate but chaste friendships", the former president recalled.
"The way Trump is behaving in transition is very different than the way George Bush behaved in his final months, when he was in office - and because we're in the middle of a pandemic we don't know what inauguration is going to look like", he said. This is proof that the nation is bitterly divided, according to former President Barack Obama. "He's a patriot. And he ordered everybody on his team to work seamlessly with us on the transition". Could not have been more gracious.
The ex-US president wrote in his book that today Indian society as a whole is focused on racism and nationalism, adding that despite economic development, India is a fragmented and destitute country and India is in the grip of corrupt political officials, narrow-minded government officials and politicians.
- Tsitsipas Beats Rublev To Set Up Decider With Nadal — ATP Finals
- Tuolumne County Included In New Limited State Curfew Order
- Turkish parliament approves deployment of troops in Azerbaijan
- Oxford COVID-19 Vaccine Shows 'Encouraging' Immune Response Among Older People
- A New James Bond Game Will Tell 007's Origin Story
- Bobby Brown's Son Bobby Brown Jr. Found Dead At 28
- Biden: Trump irresponsible for failing to concede
- Santa Barbara County Assigned to Purple Widespread COVID-19 Tier
- Does a James Harden trade to the Nets make sense?
- Charge, please: Apple will pay $113M to settle 34-state ‘batterygate’ lawsuit