Whichever category you fall in, there's plenty of time and opportunity to recycle your used Christmas tree.
"Families should take their Christmas trees to the collection centers with the same devotion with which they bought them".
The drop off locations are already open so pick the one that works best for your and bring your tree over. Do NOT put your tree in a plastic bag or cover it.
However, things like ribbons and bows, tree decorations, wrapping paper, tissue paper and Christmas lights can not be recycled.
By spring, the tree will have lost most of its needles, resembling a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
For a two-week period, Denver Solid Waste Management customers can place trees out for recycling on their scheduled trash collection day through Friday, January 15.
The trees are also used as landing posts for hawks and owls.
In addition, the last leaf collection will be conducted on January 9 and 10 as well. And some pulp and paper companies collect and burn them for a fuel alternative. Once all the lights and ornaments are added, the festive tree is probably the most attractive part of the festivities. Trees must be cut to 3-foot lengths.
Trees should be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 4.
Wreaths, garland, tree limbs and trees from private contractors are not accepted here.
The Forestry Division turns the trees into mulch.
- Third provincial case of UK COVID-19 variant discovered in Ottawa
- Pence Sued by GOP Congressman in Fight Over Competing Electors
- Washington Football Team releases QB Dwayne Haskins after two seasons
- Awaiting India’s approval for COVISHIELD: SII
- Almost 2.1million have already voted in Georgia's runoff election
- ICC names Indias Virat Kohli, Australias Ellyse Perry Cricketers of the Decade
- Zhang Zhan: citizen journalist jailed for challenging China's virus story
- Nationwide dry run for COVID-19 vaccination to take place on Saturday
- Emergency U.S. Authorization For AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Likely In April
- LMPD officer who obtained Breonna Taylor search warrant to be fired