The sudden rise in cases, has, however, forced Queensland to shut its border with Greater Sydney.
They will play in front of a 25 percent capacity crowd - around 10,000 - after it was slashed from 50 percent following a backlash on social media and from some experts, given the Covid situation in the city.
Former Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin took a dig at Indian cricket team over their reluctance to travel to Brisbane due to strict quarantine rules saying they don't want to play at Gabba because of Australia's track record at the venue. That is especially after we've been tested negative for the virus.
"Reducing the capacity of the venue is crucial in achieving social distancing requirements, and we sincerely thank ticketholders for their patience, as we process refunds today, reconfigure the SCG seating plan to deliver these social distancing measures and go back on sale".
"The same rules must apply for everyone".
Five Indian players are under investigation by CA and the BCCI for a potential breach of health protocols after video surfaced of them at a Melbourne restaurant.
The BCCI is now investigating whether sanctions have to be leveled against the players.
"Look, we said from the outset that we would be working through our health officials with the SCG and Cricket Australia and to find the final outcome and we've had some spikes in an area of Sydney that bothers us and that worries us", he added.
Players and staff within team hubs must sit outside when dining away from their hotel, as part of the sport's strict protocols that have allowed the summer to go ahead.
This may be recalled that the Pink Test will begin from January 7 at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- India approves vaccines as nations fight virus resurgence
- U.S. may halve Moderna`s vaccine doses to inoculate more people
- VP Pence: Election results are not up to me
- World Health Organization lists Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Spurs assistant makes history as first woman to lead National Basketball Association team
- LA activists call for arrest of 'Soho Karen' Miya Ponsetto in march
- Trump threatens GA official, Senate runoffs on Tuesday
- Treasury Begins Disbursement of $600 Stimulus Payments
- Trending stat: Bruno is second to which ex-Red?
- Samsung to introduce Galaxy M02s in India for price below ₹10,000