Other cases of the new strain have been reported in Colorado and California.
AFP News Agency is reporting the EMA is bringing forward its decision on the Moderna vaccine.
Florida's Department of Health did not release numbers on New Year's Day.
There are now 776 people hospitalised with Covid-19 as of this evening, with 70 of these in ICU.
No new local deaths that resulted from COVID-19 were reported Friday.
Dr Alhan Fadiani (right) and Donna Ko, pharmacist, preparing the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine at the Soldiers' Home in Chelsea, Massachusetts, on Tuesday.
The virologist who is a member of the National Emergency Public Health Team advising the government, also urged to stay at home and stick to the current guidelines.
More than 109,000 coronavirus tests have been carried out in the last seven days, with a positivity rate of 16%.
Of the latest cases, 65% are under 45 years of age, while the median age is 35 years old.
The worst affected counties in today's daily cases are Dublin (1,260), Limerick (652), Cork (350), Louth (321), and Meath (238).
"One of the things we need people to do to help speed up the utilization or the administration of the vaccine is for everyone to do their part to lower the spread of this virus, which is at record levels that we haven't seen before in our state", Traxler said during a media briefing Monday.
Ireland's 14-day incidence rate is now at 381.6 per 100,000 people.
Dr Holohan reiterated that infection levels are now so high that Ireland has now moved to the mitigation phase, meaning "all resources now have to be redirected to protect the vulnerable from this disease".
The SDDOH website reported midday Monday that 26,952 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to 26,952 people in South Dakota, including 887 in Brookings County.
Meanwhile, there have been 92 additional hospitalisations in the past twenty-four hours.
The HSE is introducing curtailments in non-essential services in adult hospitals in an attempt to deal with the rising number of COVID cases.
"This will be subject to ongoing review", he said.
A day after the United Kingdom posted a record 55,892 new infections and another 964 coronavirus-related deaths, concerns are mounting about the impact on the overstretched National Health Service.
Professor Karina Butler, Chair of the National Immunisation Advisory Committee, said; "The vaccination programme has commenced for the first priority groups".
- Amir to attend GCC Summit in Saudi on Tuesday
- 5G Coming to Burners Thanks to New Snapdragon 480 Processor
- President dismisses conspiracy theories against COVID-19 vaccine
- Spurs assistant makes history as first woman to lead National Basketball Association team
- Phase 3 clinical trial data confirms efficacy of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Trending stat: Bruno is second to which ex-Red?
- Republicans to challenge electoral vote
- Australia vs India | Indian squad negative in COVID-19 tests
- Bulgaria reports 4 cases of side effects from Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine
- Roll out of second vaccine a 'triumph of British science'- UK's Hancock