So, what is the secret of his success?
Musk put these controversies behind him a year ago as Tesla significantly boosted output at vehicle factories in California and Shanghai and moved ahead to build new factories in Texas and Germany.
Tesla shares are off to a good start in 2021, rising more than $90 a share, or 13%, since the start of this year, including the gains early Thursday.
Tesla, up over 700% in the past 12 months, has become the most valuable auto company in the world by far, despite production that is a fraction of rivals such as Toyota Motor, Volkswagen and General Motors.
However, Musk did not find it very interesting and was eager to get back to work, with a pending launch in SpaceX.
Tesla is expected to increase its near-term gains thanks to Democrats winning both the Georgia Senate seats, which pivoted control of Congress to the US political party more in favor of advocating for rapid adoption of electric vehicles.
The Forbes Billionaires List, however, said Musk still trails Amazon's Bezos by $7.8 billion.
It is likely that Musk will continue to add more wealth as Tesla shows impressive growth. Tesla stock still sits at record highs, now trading for over $800 per share.
Musk's wealth on paper reflects his roughly 20% stake in Tesla and 48% stake in SpaceX, as well as 57 million vested Tesla stock options, Bloomberg says. "Those securities come from two grants he received in 2012 and 2018, the latter of which was the largest pay deal ever struck between a CEO and a corporate board", adds the Bloomberg report. The company's market value has grown to United States dollars 737.6 billion.
- Amir to attend GCC Summit in Saudi on Tuesday
- Read the transcript: President Trump on Georgia election results
- Over 3,200 COVID-19 cases in Ontario, more than 900 in Toronto
- Samsung confirms Galaxy S21smartphone reveal for January 14
- S&P Dow Jones to no longer remove ADRs of Chinese telecom companies
- Hong Kong Police Arrest Dozens of Pro-Democracy Leaders
- Trump Heard On Tape Urging State Official To ‘Find’ Votes For Him
- Pochettino emotional message to Tottenham during PSG unveiling
- UK first in world to start using Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine
- Studies to see if Moderna vaccine doses can be halved