"It last made contact at 2:40 pm (0740 GMT)".
The Sriwijaya flight SJ182 departed at 2:36 p.m. local time, climbing to a maximum altitude of 10,900 feet about four minutes later and then beginning a steep descent, according to aviation data provider FlightRadar24.
A Boeing spokesperson told CNN in a statement that they are "aware of media reports from Jakarta, and are closely monitoring the situation". More than 50 people were believed to be aboard. Navy official Abdul Rasyid tell Reuters news agency say dem don find di plane coordinates and dem don deploy ships to di location.
Sriwijaya said in a statement that it is "keeping contact with various relevant parties to get more detailed info on SJ-182 flight, Jakarta-Pontianak".
The Lion Air crash was the worst airline disaster in Indonesia since 1997, when 234 people were killed on a Garuda airlines flight near Medan on Sumatra island.
Pulau Seribu residents and police officers found cables and debris suspected of belonging to a missing Sriwijaya Air plane, in the waters off Laki Island, Pulau Seribu District, here on Saturday afternoon.
The local media reported that plan was en route to Pontianak in West Kalimantan province, local media reported.
Sriwijaya Air is one of the Indonesian domestic leading airlines.
Indonesia, though, has a relatively poor record on aviation safety.
Debris suspected to belong to the Boeing 737-500 that disappeared earlier today has been recovered.
Patrol boats were heading to waters northwest of Jakarta where the plane was last seen, the Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency said.
"We will provide further information if there are further developments", he added. The Federal Aviation Authority let the Max keep flying after the crash of a Lion Air flight in Indonesia, and on March 10, 2019, another Max operated by Ethiopian Airlines crashed almost straight down into a field.
- Pochettino emotional message to Tottenham during PSG unveiling
- Amid short supplies, vaccine doses can be 6 weeks apart
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Exercise and Stress: Get Moving to Manage Stress
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Top smartphones for gaming
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Another COVID-19 Death Reported in Pulaski County
- President went 'ballistic' over Twitter ban as dozens charged over Capitol riot
- Read the transcript: President Trump on Georgia election results